Interrogation of The Heart

**Alicia's POV**

The dim light of the storage area felt like a suffocating blanket. Each breath I took tinged with anxiety as I cautiously stepped deeper into the space. My heart raced, and the unsettling atmosphere gripped me tight, the walls seeming to close in with every passing moment. The air was thick with the scent of dust and something metallic, and I had to remind myself that curiosity could lead me down a dark path.

As I moved through the room, my gaze landed on a shelf cluttered with various items, each one whispering secrets I could only begin to imagine. But it was the sight of the weapons that truly sent a chill down my spine. The stark reality of what lay before me—a cache of illegal arms—made my stomach churn. I felt like a ghost stumbling into a hidden world, one that should never have crossed my path.

Then, my eyes caught sight of something that made my blood run cold: a gun hanging on the wall, its polished surface gleaming ominously under the low light. My breath hitched as I stepped closer, the initials engraved on the handle unmistakable. Andy. It was a chilling reminder of the danger lurking just beneath the surface of the life he led.

Suddenly, the echo of footsteps in the corridor shattered my fragile composure, panic surging within me like a tidal wave. My instinct screamed for me to hide; there was no time to think. My heart raced as I quickly scanned the room, desperately seeking refuge. In the corner, a large, dusty old armoire loomed like a dark sentinel. Without a second thought, I darted toward it, slipping inside just as the footsteps grew louder, my breath catching in my throat.

The cramped space enveloped me, the wood cold against my skin as I pressed my back against the wall. I held my breath, the creak of the door behind me sounding like a gunshot in the oppressive silence. Just as I thought I could relax, my elbow brushed against something smooth and hard on the side of the armoire. Before I could process it, a low beep echoed in the darkness, followed by the unmistakable sound of a siren blaring to life.

Panic surged through me like fire, and I squeezed my eyes shut, willing the noise to stop. The blaring alarm was a deafening contrast to the silence I'd just been in, its urgency sending my heart into a frenzy. I couldn’t stay hidden like this—not for long.

Moments later, the heavy thud of boots reverberated in the hallway, and I felt the world around me shift. The door burst open, the harsh light flooding the room and illuminating the stark reality of my situation. My heart raced as I dared to peek through a crack in the armoire.

Four security personnel stormed in, their expressions serious, brows furrowed as they quickly scanned the room. "Search for any intruders!" one barked, his voice clipped and commanding. My pulse quickened; they were looking for me.

They fanned out, their movements were quick and purposeful, and I swallowed hard, fear gripping my throat. I knew I had to remain silent, my fate hanging in the balance as the guards scoured the area, completely unaware of my hidden presence. The tension was palpable, the air heavy with the threat of discovery.

I pressed myself deeper into the shadows of the armoire, hoping against hope that I could remain unseen. But every moment felt like an eternity, each sound amplified as I listened to their muffled conversations, a mix of concern and urgency filling the air.

With every passing second, my mind raced. What had I stumbled into? And what would happen if they found me? I had to stay hidden—I had to survive this moment—but the suffocating fear and the reality of the situation pushed against me like a vice.

As I held my breath, praying they would overlook my hiding spot, I couldn't shake the feeling that I had crossed a line, one that would change everything between me, Andy, and Kyoya. The darkness of the estate had never felt so real, so dangerous, and I could only hope that I would find a way out before it consumed me whole.