The Boss

Alicia's POV

When I woke up, the events of the previous night felt like a distant nightmare. But as the haze of sleep faded, reality crashed back in. I took a moment to study my surroundings. The two men beside me were as still and silent as stone statues. Through the tinted windows, I saw the manicured trees and marble statues lining the driveway, signaling that we were approaching a place of great wealth.

As the car rolled up to a grand mansion, my heart sank further. We stopped beside an impressive staircase leading to majestic doors. In any other circumstance, I might have marveled at its beauty. But under the weight of what had just happened, I felt nothing but dread.

The driver parked the car, and the men climbed out, their faces set in grim determination. One of them, with a grip like iron, yanked me from my seat.

"Hey! Ow, let go, you jerk!" I protested, struggling against his hold, but he only tightened his grip, dragging me toward the mansion.

As we entered, I continued to fight back, adrenaline coursing through me. But then, I heard footsteps echoing down the hallway. I froze and looked up. A tall, lean man approached, dressed in a black tank top and skinny jeans, his body adorned with a multitude of tattoos. His hair was as dark as night, and his icy blue eyes seemed to pierce right through me. The moment our eyes met, my heart stopped, and I quickly looked away.

"Boss," the two men murmured in unison, their voices flat but underscored by a palpable tension.

The so-called 'Boss' radiated confidence and authority. He was someone to be feared.

"What is this?" His voice boomed through the hall, sending a shiver down my spine.

"Payment, Boss. From Mr. Cruz. His daughter," the man on my right replied, voice steady but with a hint of nervousness.

"And what makes you think this is acceptable, Vincent?" the Boss demanded, his tone sharp.

Vincent shifted, his bravado fading. "He couldn't pay the full amount. He gave us a quarter of the payment and offered his daughter for the rest. I thought you accepted that kind of-"

*Smack!*

The sound of flesh hitting flesh echoed off the walls as the Boss slapped Vincent hard across the face.

"I do not accept women as payment. What the hell kind of animal do you think I am?" His voice was low, but the fury was unmistakable.

"I-I'm sorry, sir." Vincent's head lowered in shame.

"Incompetent! It was either he paid up or he dies, and instead, you've ruined this woman's life." The Boss began to pace, a storm brewing in his eyes. "I can't just send her back now; she's seen too much. Take her to one of the east rooms. I'll deal with her in the morning."

With a dismissive wave of his hand, the other man hoisted me up, but Vincent reached out to grab my other arm.

"Vincent, my office. Now."

The man escorting me pulled me through a maze of corridors and shoved me into a room.

"Name's Antonio. I'll be outside making sure you don't go anywhere. If you need anything, just ask. Otherwise, keep quiet and make no fuss."

I sat on the bed, overwhelmed. God, I was so exhausted. I didn't even know what I was supposed to do anymore. I lay down, and before I knew it, I was out like a light.

---

*The Next Day*

Andy's POV

This is a disaster. I can't believe these idiots brought a woman here, let alone used her as payment for her father's debt. How cruel. I can't imagine the life she must have led until now. She seemed terrified.