Meeting

"Why are you making me do this? I don't see how this benefits both parties."

"A mutual benefit. I just request you to see what the JFA wants."

"So you're saying that you want me to represent PIFA?"

"Precisely. The JFA wanted to discuss a certain issue that has come to their attention recently. However, it seems my schedule is full of meetings. I cannot go so I have to send someone to help the JFA."

"And you asked me to help?"

"Yes. Do you have a problem?"

"No, sir... There is not an issue at all."

"You will be representing PIFA on my behalf, so I expect good work from you. I have already informed them of your presence as a delegate on my behalf."

"I understand."

"Don't disappoint me."

"Of course..."

➳༻❀✿❀༺➳

Too late to turn back now...

You looked at the massive JFA building with a bored expression.

Can't my day get any better...

"Hello, you must be (L/N) (Y/N), correct?" A female worker approached you with a kind smile and wave.

"Yes, that would be me," you answered, giving her your ID to check. "I have a meeting scheduled with The Chairman of the JFA today."

"Yes, that would be correct," she responded, confirming your identity with the ID card you've provided. "Now, if you would come with me."

This is going to be a waste of time.

You followed her in an extremely long corridor with white walls and no decoration.

How bland, just like me.

You forced yourself to drag your legs and follow the lady. You then halted when she stopped and right in front of you was a massive wooden door.

The lady knocked on the door twice.

"Mr Buratsuta, there is a scheduled appointment with Miss (L/N) and she's here. May we come in?"

"Ah! Come in," a muffled voice spoke through the door.

Well, here we go.

The lady opened the door for you and you stepped in, thanking the woman before she closed the door. Once the door closed, you then turned to the man who was sitting at his desk with a smile.

"Well, well, long time no see." Buratsuta smiled at you, "It's been quite some time since I've last seen you... You've grown into such a..."

He inspected every part of you from bottom to top shamelessly, a smirk appearing on his face. "Pretty woman... Got a boyfriend yet?"

What type of question is that?

"You're terrible at starting a conversation..." You sighed exasperatedly.

"Well, I just wanted to ask that question considering that you're all grown up now," Buratsuta responded.

"Um... Excuse me?" You raised a brow. "How is this relevant to the discussion at hand? For your information, I don't. I'm too busy working for PIFA and don't have the time for a love life. You of all people should know that."

Not that I need one anyway.

"A shame...." Buratsuta responded. "You and that PIFA president are always so serious about work..."