Team Y

You stood with your team, waiting for Team Y to come to the field. After a few minutes of waiting, the doors automatically opened, revealing Team Y in the flesh. Your eyes darted to every member of Team Y, making mental notes of their appearance and physique.

I doubt this match will end well for both teams considering the speech Ego gave out.

Team V got into position and so did Team Y,  waiting for kick off.

As the whistle blew, everyone went straight for the ball, charging for it like wild animals. They were fighting and being selfish strikers. Everyone was abandoning each other, even stealing from their own teammates. It was an all-out brawl between everyone and abandoning their set positions. 

Well... Someone was going to break through eventually, right?

You watched from afar, seeing no point in chasing the ball. You made yourself comfortable, laying on the grass as you spectated, your eyes darting all over the field to each player, analysis after analysis as they fought.

For you, it had become a habit to test the field, figuring out everyone's preferred style of football and identifying their weaknesses and strengths. It all became second nature because of the intensive training PIFA made you do. You could easily figure everyone out within a second.

I guess Ego really did get to them like a disease called 'Ego.' A pandemic disease that infects the brain like a parasite or just hypnosis. How deadly. Hopefully, it's not transmissible though.

You could've easily changed in there and break through everyone as you saw many openings and gaps, but you didn't want feel like charging into an all out brawl. It was simply messy and you weren't the type who's into this type of football. It was only the First Selection where everyone was testing themselves with their skills as well as their 'Ego.'

I feel like I'm watching a documentary on something but using humans as an example.

In the midst of the chaos, you saw a male with bangs covering his eyes positioning himself outside the crowd. As the ball became loose as a second ball, the male managed to receive the ball.

Someone who can see the field? Well, good for them.

You watched as he broke through the crowd with the ball under his control. 

"Thanks... For the ball. I hate getting myself involved in vulgar hand-to-hand combat."

Almost immediately, Reo appeared in front of the man and stole the ball off him. 

"Hah! Thanks for the ball!"

"Right back at you!" Zantetsu appeared between the two and stole the ball off Reo. 

"Goddammit, stupid Zantetsu!" Reo shouted.

"You still gonna call me that, Mikage Reo?" Zantetsu replied.

As the ball was in Zantetsu's grasp, he sped off and outran everyone on the field. In a short amount of time, he was able to reach the other side of the field. He swiftly changed directions once he was near someone, dribbling and breaking past them.

It would be fun being a commentator for Blue Lock.

"I'm not an idiot!" Zantetsu reeled his foot back and kicked it with strength. The goalkeeper couldn't react to the goal as he had never played the position before, which earned Team V a score.

Team V - Team Y

1    -    0

Well, we're one point ahead now.