chapter 11:Shattered

Niall helped clean up after breakfast, his mind elsewhere. The others decided to go shopping together, leaving Niall alone. The silence was deafening, his thoughts swirling.

As they departed, Niall's thoughts darkened. He opened social media, scrolling through comments. Mean words leapt off the screen, piercing his soul. "Worthless," "Ugly," "Freak." Each word cut deeper.

Niall's mood plummeted. He eased onto his bed, seeking escape. His pants slipped down, the razor blade calling. Cries escaped his lips as he cut his upper thighs once more. The pain momentarily soothed his inner turmoil.

Unbeknownst to Niall, Liam had returned upstairs for a forgotten item. Hearing sobs, Liam rushed to Niall's room. "Snowflake?" Liam called out, concern etched on his face.

Silence.

Liam pushed open the door, his heart sinking. Niall lay on his bed, razor blade in hand, cutting his skin. Liam's eyes widened in horror.

"No, Niall! Stop!" Liam rushed over, grabbing Niall's wrist. In self-defense, Niall's hand jerked, slicing Liam's arm.

"Liam!" Niall exclaimed, horrified.

Liam's grip tightened. "What are you doing, Snowflake?"

Tears streamed down Niall's face. "I can't stop, Daddy. I'm broken."

Liam's expression softened. "You're not broken, Snowflake. You're strong."

With gentle care, Liam pried the razor blade from Niall's fingers. He pulled Niall into a tight hug.

"We'll get through this together," Liam whispered.

Niall's gaze met Liam's, a glimmer of hope in his eyes.

"I'm scared, Daddy," Niall whispered.

Liam's voice was firm. "I've got you, Snowflake. Always."

As Liam held Niall, the darkness receded, replaced by a fragile sense of safety.