chapter 18: Morning after

The morning sun shone brightly into Niall's bedroom, illuminating the peaceful scene. Zayn slipped out, careful not to disturb Niall's slumber. His sweats clung to him, sticky from last night's intimate encounter. He tiptoed downstairs, avoiding creaky steps.

In the kitchen, Louis, Liam, and Harry sipped coffee, their curious gazes meeting Zayn. "Where did you disappear to last night?" Louis asked, raising an eyebrow. "You didn't come back after putting Niall to bed."

Zayn shrugged nonchalantly. "Oh, after I put Niall to bed, I went to bed myself." The others nodded, none the wiser.

Two hours passed, and Niall woke, his gorgeous blue eyes shining in the light. He stretched, yawned, and swung his legs over the side of the bed. "Concert tonight," he mumbled, rubbing the sleep from his face. He splashed water on his face, dressing quickly.

Niall checked his social media, scrolling through his feeds. His eyes widened, and he teared up. "No, no, no," he whispered, his heart sinking. The harsh comments and speculation about his relationships cut deep.

In desperation, Niall sought relief from the emotional pain. He pulled down his pants and reached for the razor, a familiar, destructive comfort. He cut his upper thigh, wincing as blood trickled down.

Just then, Louis walked upstairs to check on his "Boo." Entering Niall's room, he froze, horror-stricken. "Niall, no!" Louis rushed over, but Niall, in self-defense, lashed out, cutting Louis's arm.

Louis recoiled, stunned. "Niall, stop! What's happening?" Tears streamed down Niall's face as he crumpled to the floor.

Harry and Liam burst in, shocked by the scene. Zayn's eyes locked onto Niall, his heart racing.

"Niall, mate, talk to us," Harry pleaded, gently prying the razor from Niall's hand.

Liam called for emergency services while Louis held Niall close. "We're here, Boo. We won't let you face this alone."

As they waited for help to arrive, Zayn knelt beside Niall. "I'm here, Niall. We all are."