✮⋆˙Prologue✮⋆˙

In the stillness of midnight,

Isadora Blackwood
slipped out of bed and into the echoing halls of Blackwood Manor. She knew these corridors as well as the lines on her palms, and yet tonight, they felt different. The shadows pressed in close, secrets threading through the silence, as if the very stones held their breath.

She traced her fingers over the walls, reaching a small, hidden alcove—a place her mother had whispered about only once, warning her never to enter. But Isadora, born with a mind that couldn't settle for answers left unturned, hadn't heeded that warning.

The air within the alcove seemed heavier, carrying a scent of ancient dust and something darker. Her fingers grazed over an old family crest carved into the wall, her pulse racing as she whispered the family motto—"Seek, but never yield." The wall responded with a low hum, and suddenly, a narrow door slid open, revealing a hidden room beyond.

Inside was a single chest, heavy and ancient, bearing her family's crest. A chill ran down her spine as she reached to lift the lid, knowing that whatever secrets her family kept, this would be the most dangerous. She paused, the weight of her curiosity and the thrill of discovery crashing together.