❄️Chapter 13❄️

"Who are you?" Yuji noticed Mahito's presence, his stance tensing. Yoshino turned to look, his face paling.

"Nice to meet you... Sukuna's vessel," Mahito sneered, raising his left arm. With a sickening stretch, his arm elongated, snapping toward Yuji and pinning him to the wall.

"Run, Junpei!" Yuji yelled, struggling against Mahito's hold. "I don't know what your connection is with this guy, but run now! I'm begging you!"

"Itadori-kun, calm down! Mahito isn't a bad per—" Yoshino stopped mid-sentence, his eyes widening as a terrible realization hit him.

Mahito placed a casual hand on Yoshino's shoulder, smirking.

Before he could make his move, someone grabbed Yoshino's arm and yanked him out of Mahito's reach.

Mahito's gaze snapped to the woman pulling Yoshino to safety—a woman with black hair and piercing purple eyes.

"How dare you snatch my prey!" Mahito snarled, lunging forward, only to freeze under her furious glare.

"Don't you dare lay a filthy hand on me!" she warned, her voice cold and commanding.

Mahito's body locked up, his hand unable to reach her.

"Yuji!" she snapped at Yuji. "Stop talking and fight!" Her fierce gaze spurred Yuji into action, and he leapt into the fray, launching a punch at Mahito, who quickly shifted his focus to defending himself.

With Mahito distracted, Asami pulled Yoshino out of the building and ran, guiding him to safety.

"W-wait! Asami-chan, Yuji is—" Yoshino protested, glancing back with concern.

"Yoshino, I need you to get somewhere safe! You're my priority right now!" she insisted, pulling him firmly.

When they reached the open field, they saw Mahito come hurtling out of the building, crashing to the ground. As he spotted them, a twisted grin spread across his face. He lunged forward, grabbing Yoshino and yanking him close, hand poised to curse him once again.

"No! Let him go, you monster!" Asami shouted, her eyes blazing with defiance.

Mahito froze, his face contorting in confusion. "What is this? Why can't I move?" he hissed, glaring at her. "What are you?"

Yuji then rushed forward, delivering a powerful punch to Mahito's face, forcing him to release Yoshino. Asami quickly grabbed Yoshino, pulling him back as they tried to flee.

"Yoshino, don't stop running! We have to get out of here—"

But Mahito recovered, stretching his arm to snatch Asami by the ankle.

"What—Ah!" Asami cried out as Mahito yanked her back, flinging her against the wall with brutal force. Pain exploded through her body, and she tasted blood.

"Asami-san!" Yuji and Yoshino shouted in alarm.

Nanami arrived on the scene, his gaze shifting to the unfamiliar woman injured nearby. "Who on earth...?"

Mahito seized Yoshino by the neck, lifting him off the ground as he struggled.

"It was fun talking with you, Junpei, but this is where it ends. In the end, you were just as foolish, and that's why you deserve... death," he said with a wicked smile.

Asami painfully raised herself, vision blurred as she looked at Junpei struggling in Mahito's grip. No... No, this can't happen! He doesn't deserve this!

She thought back to the brief moments she shared with Junpei and Yuji, the boy's hopeful face flashing in her mind. He deserves to live... I can't let him die just because he was meant to!

"Idle Transfiguration—" Mahito began.

"STOP!" Asami's scream reverberated through the air, a powerful burst of wind surging from her.

Everyone froze in place, immobilized by an invisible force.

"I... I can't move!" Yuji, Nanami, Yoshino, and even Mahito realized, straining to move.

From within Yuji, Sukuna's eyes widened in shock. What is this? This force...

Yuji noticed something odd about Asami. As she raised her head, her eyes glowed golden, her hair slowly turned white, and a third eye opened on her forehead. The air around her whipped into a fierce wind, and she rose, levitating above the ground.

"Asami-san!" Yuji called, his voice filled with awe and concern.

She looked at him, her expression impassive. "I am not her." She turned her gaze to Mahito. "So, you're the vile idiot who dared to harm my vessel?"

"Vessel?" they all echoed, stunned.

Mahito scoffed. "Oh, really? What if I am? What are you, some Sukuna version two?" he taunted.

Her face twisted in disgust. "Don't insult me by comparing me to that cursed soul who abandoned his humanity and slaughtered thousands. He's a creature that should have been eradicated long ago."

Inside Yuji, Sukuna's face contorted in anger. How dare she! Who the hell is she?!

Suddenly, she appeared within Sukuna's domain, facing him directly. As he tried to attack, golden chains wrapped around him, binding his arms.

"I could end you now," she said coldly, "but your time has not yet come. My host is not ready for that level. So here's a warning, Ryomen Sukuna," she continued, her voice a deadly whisper. "If you ever dare to lay a hand on her, I'll curse you tenfold." She raised her hand, drawing a parallel line through the air, and a dark, intricate circular mark appeared on Sukuna's neck, glowing with an ominous energy.

"What is this curse you've put on me?!" Sukuna snarled, struggling against the chains.

She smirked. "Consider it insurance. Until we meet again, Sukuna." She vanished, leaving him bound and furious.

Back in the real world, she turned her attention to Mahito, approaching him while still levitating.

"You... are in desperate need of discipline, child," she said icily, her golden eyes narrowing as she drew closer, power emanating from her like a storm.