🍃14. I Am Not Someone Else🍃

Because I had been missing since the early evening, Janephop was worried and immediately went to talk to Mawin. They both checked the security cameras and saw that Arun BerkFah and I had been kidnapped, with bags covering our heads, and taken away by van from the hotel. 

What started as a small thing turned into a big problem and reached the ears of my father, who loves me like his own life. He rushed from Bangkok, dropping all his work, and came to find me without thinking twice. In fact, I didn't know how long I had been missing until Janephop told me:

"It's now four in the morning... ten hours have already passed."

"Time flew by. I didn't even realize I had been in that house for ten hours. I thought it had only been two or three hours."

I looked at Arun BekFah, confused, but the clock didn't lie to us.

"And where did these people take you? Did they do something?"

My father was more interested in the details of where they had taken me, worried about my safety. He was clearly very serious, and no one dared to look at him, especially Mawin, who was responsible for taking care of me.

"They didn't do anything. I think they just wanted to teach me a lesson for getting mixed up in something I shouldn't have."

"Teach me a lesson? How?"

"They took me to a haunted house."

 "Who are they? Do you know?"

"I know..."

I gave Arun BekFah a quick nod to keep her quiet and answered in her place.

"How would I know? I had my head covered the whole time. Don't worry, Dad, it was just some kind of prank. Every organization has these kinds of things."

Arun looked at me with a surprised expression, as if she didn't believe what I was saying. It was clear that she expected me to make a fuss about what had happened, but I wasn't.

"Are you possessed?"

Mawin asked in disbelief. Arun BekFah, who was already afraid of such things, took a step back, as if he believed what Mawin said. 

"Are you crazy? Shouldn't we just let it go?" 

"But this behavior... It's not like you." 

What does that mean? I frowned, trying to understand what Mawin was insulting me about, but my father interrupted and addressed the competent secretary. 

"Arun, I trusted you to take care of Nong In. How could you let this happen? I know you were kidnapped too, but your duty was to make sure everything was in order, to help her not go out of line, wasn't it?" 

"I'm sorry, sir." 

"You let me down." 

"I take responsibility and..." 

"Let's go rest. It's already four in the morning. Aren't you going to let us sleep? And there's no need to be disappointed in Arun BekFah. She did her best." 

I intervened, softening my voice.

 "I like her."

 "What? What?" 

Both Mawin and my father muttered, and I crossed my arms, showing my teeth. 

"I like this secretary because she is competent. Don't fire her. That's all I want to say. The meeting ends here. Let's settle this tomorrow." 

I stretched and yawned.

 "Oh, I don't even have time to sleep. I need to wake up and make the bed. Dad, do you still want to talk?"