Chapter 10

"Liam, I'm serious. Please leave her alone. She has nothing to do with me, she's just a friend who helped me find a place to go. That's it. She means absolutely nothing to me." I swallow the lie along with guilt tugging at my heart. She means everything to me.

"Than why do you care so much if I hurt her or not?" He glares at me, as if he knows what I'm thinking.

"I only care because she's innocent and I don't want to hurt anyone who has nothing to do with me or my past." I'm lying yet telling the truth, she has so much to do with me, but nothing to do with any of the bullshit I did in the past. She really is innocent.

"If I see you around with her, I will, and mark my words, I will destroy the both of you." He is raging. I absolutely hate him, along with my past.

"I can't just not see her, she's my next door neighbor that got me a job in the same building as hers. I can promise that you won't see us together as a couple. Like I said before, she's just a friend who happened to help me out."

"I want to see her." What the fuck?

"No, fuck off."

"Why so worried about me seeing her?" This piece of shit just doesn't stop.

"She's sleeping, why the hell am I going to go and wake her up at this time?"

"Watch your tone with me Styles. I'm still here, with my gun." I fucking hate Liam. "Anyways, I'm staying here with you."

Oh, fuck no. "Hell no, you're leaving right now." I say through my teeth.

He quickly retrieves the gun from his back and points it to my forehead in an instant. It's too late to defend myself now. I immediately put both of my hands up.

"I fucking said I'm staying here. Unless you want your fucking brain shot out of your skull, I'd suggest you shut the fuck up." He's really angry now, dammit.

I should've never moved here, I only got myself into more trouble and I'm putting Jenna's life at risk with fucking Hulk here.

I nod my head slowly, "Fine, stay here."

He smiles, "Good, that wasn't so hard. See, everything gets solved when things go my way."

I lead him to the second bedroom in my apartment, it's small but I don't care as long as leaves me the fuck alone to think things clearly.

"If you need more blankets, they're in the closet in the hallway."

I exit the room and walk over to mine.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I yell into a pillow.

How the hell did he find me? I need to get out of here, even if it means leaving Jenna. I can't put her life at risk. I think she's fine for now since I told him she was nothing to me. I can't stay, not with him here, no.

I fall asleep trying to plot different ways to get rid of Liam, each one ends with me getting shot.

Jenna's P.O.V.

It's 6:30am.

My head is aching, I recall the drinking from last night and my heart hurts remembering that Niall pretty much abandoned me. It was for his mother though, I can't be selfish.

I hear a knock at my door. Who knocks at someone's door at 6 in the morning? I put my robe on and walk over to open. It might be Harry.

It's not.

"Hello, Jenna is it?" A brunette wearing a plain white shirt, a black jacket, black skinny jeans, and brown boots is at my door.

"Uhm yes, who are you?" I try to give my best smile.

"I'm Harry's friend, Liam. I'm going to be living next door with him for a few weeks. And so I wanted to meet his next door neighbor." He flashes me a beautiful white smile, he is very good looking. Yet, there's something about him that doesn't seem right to me.

Harry never mentioned having any friends come over and live with him, nor did he ever tell me about this Liam guy.

"I'm Jenna, nice to meet you. And really? Harry has friends? That's crazy!" I say sarcastically, I try to be nice and humorous and push my negative thoughts away.

"Come in." I say letting him in and taking a seat.

He laughs along with me, "Right? Anyway, so what are you doing today?"

"I'm working at the American Eagle store at the mall and I get off at five. Would you like to go with Harry and I?"

"You and Harry?" He asks, pretty much asking if we're a thing.

"No, no, no. He's with Aubrey, remember?"

"Aubrey?" He looks so confused.

"Yes, Aubrey, Harry's girlfriend. He didn't tell you?" I am just as confused as he is.

"Oh, yeah. Aubrey, I haven't seen her in a while. I kind of forgot about her." He laughs a little oddly.

"Well I'm just happy if Harry is happy. He's my best friend and only wish the best for him."

"His best friend?" He raises an eyebrow.

I don't know what Harry has told Liam, because he's looking at me as if I'm delusional.

"Yeah, since we were small kids, five years actually and I moved here a few years ago. It was tough at first leaving Harry, as he was my only friend at the time. I'm just glad we're reunited." I smile.

"I understand, but see, Harry has never told me about you. He actually told me that he's never had a true friend. He said he was just coming down here to see a girl he wanted to have sex with." His words sting my heart as alcohol would sting an open wound.

Harry would never say that or think of me like that, or would he?

Harry's P.O.V.

I wake up around 7am and rush to the shower. In the moment, I'd forgotten about Liam and almost thought it was a dream. As soon as I step out of the shower, I put some deodorant on and throw on a navy blue shirt with black jeans and boots.

I go immediately to see if Liam is  still in the other room, but before I get there, the bedroom door is wide open. The bed is a disaster and there is no Liam to be seen or found.

"Liam, Liam, where are you?" I yell across the apartment.

I notice my front door is unlocked, my biggest fear plays in my head.
I run to Jenna's apartment door and try to immediately open the door, but it's locked.

"Jenna! Jenna! Open the door, please?!"

I keep pounding on the door until it opens.
Beautiful Jenna, with a messy bun sitting on her head. She's wearing blue jeans that caress her lower body perfectly. A bright red top drapes half of her body; it helps enhance the rosiness of her cheeks and plump lips. She looks a bit frustrated over my knocking, but I don't care.

"Harry? What's the matter? Why are you knocking so loudly?"

I don't answer her, but gently push her aside.

"Harry, what are you doing?" She's insisting for an answer.

My heart drops and my body feels as if it wants to shut down at the sight.

"Harry, mate! How did you sleep? You were snoring when I left. Also, you didn't tell me Jenna, here, was your best friend." He smiles a nice smile, if I didn't know him, I would've thought it was a sincere smile, but I know he's actually angry at me for lying.

"Yeah, Harry. Why didn't you tell me about Liam?" Jenna jumps in to make it fucking worse. They are both drinking coffee and look at me waiting for me to say something.

"Jenna, I... I didn't tell you because, Liam wasn't sure if he was coming and... And he just showed up out of the blue." I'm nervous, what has he told her?

"Relax, she was just telling me about how close you guys are and how you guys met, lovely story." He flashes another smile, I seriously want to cry.

Jenna just fed herself to the lions.