Jason & Rina - 18: Support

¯

Dear Diary,

     I’m a horrible person. I hate myself. I bumped into Ren today… literally. He was so kind to me, but I rejected him. He told me that he was sorry for everything. He asked me if I still loved him, but I told him that I didn’t. I got off the train as fast as I could. I didn’t even get off at the right stop. I was so scared. I couldn’t sit next to him any longer.

     I’m at the bookstore now. Jason should be coming anytime soon. He was leaving his class when I called him. I’m a little scared to see him. I feel so nervous. I hope he doesn’t see through me.

¯

     “Hey, what’s up?” Jason asked.

     “I just felt like seeing you,” Rina replied, closing her diary.

     “Funny, because you’re always turning me down,” he joked.  “You better not be leading me on.”

     “Why do you like me so much? No matter what I say or do, you’re still extremely persistent.”

     “I hear persistency is attractive.”

     “And who told you that?”

     “The internet.”

     Rina crossed her legs, resting her chin on her palm.

     “Hey are you okay?” he asked, noticing Rina’s paler and puffy complexion. “Did something happen?”

     She shook her head.

     “I’m fine. I just needed to see you.”

     “Is this a confession? Have you finally given in?”

     “You never left me,” she said. “After everything, you’re the only one who has stayed by my side. You always supported me and cared for me. Thank you.”

     Jason stared at her, baffled by her words. He sat down and took her hand.

     “What happened?” he inquired, seeing that it was wrapped up.

     “Oh, I accidentally scratched it up. Nothing serious.”

     “Okay. Anyways, you’ll always have me around.”

     He looked around playfully. Rina expected him to ask a stupid question. She was correct.

     “So, Valentine’s Day is next week…”

     “No,” she said, getting up. “I don’t want to do anything.”

     She began to walk away, leaving Jason behind.

     “Come on! Just go on a date with me! Do you know how long I’ve been waiting to go out with you? I waited patiently on the sidelines while you went out with—”

     He stopped himself before finishing his sentence.

     “I mean… Bring an end your Anti-Valentine’s Day streak!” he pleaded, chasing after her.

     Rina’s face was filled with indifference. Uninterested. Unconcerned.

     “Well, the usual attendants are all currently out-of-state now…”

     “I’ll take you anywhere you want to go,” Jason said. “I just want to spend the day with you.”

     Jason’s words are always so sincere. So genuine. He’s always like this with me. He’s always looking after me.