Jason - 20: Red

Valentine’s Day: also known as Rina’s least favorite day of the year. Not once did she ever get a Valentine’s Day card just for her. Not once did she ever get a Valentine’s Day chocolate. Not once did any boy ever ask her to be his valentine… UNTIL THIS YEAR! This year, she had Jason.

     “I have a daaaaaaate! I have a daaaaaaate!” she cheered as she danced around her room. “Finally, after eighteen years, I, Rina, have a date for Valentine’s Day!”

     She threw her clothes into the air as she undressed then stepped into the shower and sang a happy tune. Her sister knocked on the door and shouted for Rina to hurry up as she also had a date. Rina rolled her eyes and sang even louder to drown out her sister’s complaints. When she finished, she went back to her room to get dressed. Wearing her new dress, Rina spun around with her skirt twirling in the air like a saucer. She began to fix her makeup, making sure that she looked like she had a perfect complexion and elegant eyes. Finally, she was satisfied as she felt like an absolute princess thinking about her date with Jason later on. She was happy.

     Jason looked at his watch. He had two hours to finish preparations for his date with Rina.

     Ring ring~

     “Hello?” Rina asked, answering her phone.

     “Hey, what are you wearing?” Jason asked.

     “That’s a surprise.”

     “Give me a vague description.”

     “I’m wearing clothes.”

     “A little more specific, please.”

     “A pink dress.”

     “Ugh,” he grunted. “I’ll wear red then. Does that match?”

     “We’re meeting at the bookstore, right?”

     “Yeah, sorry I can’t pick you up. I’m leaving once I get dressed to prepare everything.”

     “Okay, no problem. I’ll see you there.”

     Jason sighed and began to dig through his closet for an outfit to match with Rina’s dress. He was familiar with Rina’s style of dresses: casual, doll-like, but not too fancy.

     “You’re going to see Rina today, right?” his mother asked shyly, peeking into his room.

     “Yeah, I’m taking her out for Valentine’s Day.”

     “What are you going to wear?”

     “Well, she’s wearing a pink dress.”

     “Just wear a white dress shirt and a red tie. You always look so handsome when you dress up.”

     “Thanks Mom.”

     “Okay, I worked really late last night, so I’m going to sleep now. Have fun.”

     “Thanks. I love you.”

     “I love you, too.”

     His mom smiled and walked away. Jason pulled out his white dress shirt, red tie, and khakis from his closet and got dressed. Putting on his coat, hat, and scarf, he headed out the door and into his car.

     The first thing on his agenda was to pick up the flowers he had ordered. He drove to the florist near his house and paid for a bouquet of a dozen yellow roses. Next, he drove down to the city to pick up something he had ordered at the jeweler shop.