We can never be together..... Or can we? (Book 1 of the Mating Worlds)

I sat in my room, staring blankly from the window as I ripped the pedals from a water lilie. I sighed as I was under house arrest until the war was over. My room became a bore to me as I see it everyday now. I am only 16 and I'm almost queen of my kingdom. My mother is aging rapidly and My father is already dead. My older brother, Hatorus, is ruling alongside my mother and soon, they'll be two queens and kings. I live in Atlantis. I go up to the human world and hear people say how it's lost or something when it's clearly still around. I looked at the fire, attempting to burn down our walls and felt guilty I have to sit and watch my innocent people suffer. I heard the door opened and saw Hatorus looking at me. "Hello brother. Any word from mother yet?" I stood and gracefully walked towards him. "Yes Honesta. We must enter the war. Our men are dying by the 10s." I looked down and nodded slowly. I dressed into my silver and golden armor and tied my waist length black hair into a ponytail. I grabbed my sword and headed down the stairs to the main lounge. "Please be safe my love." I heard my brother's mate, Ursel say. She kissed him one last time before we headed towards the door. I wish I had a mate. One who'd miss me when I went into battle. One to tell me they'd be with me forever and never let me go.. I sighed and walked out into the mess.

I looked around and summoned my horse. "Armos!" I yelled and he came to me at the speed of light. I jumped onto his back and commanded him to go. I saw my brother who was an enormous dragon now high in the sky fighting the fire dragon. I hated the flame nation. They never liked us nor will try to accept us. They are cruel and unmerciful while we are gentle and kind unless threatened. I saw a target and got my sword ready. "CRIMINOR!" I yelled as Armos picked up his speed. I plunged the sword into the enemies heart and watched them turn to dust. I jumped off of my horse and ran to where I heard another enemy terrorizing my citizen. I gave a battle cry before slicing his head off. I smirked with satisfaction before I heard a similar yell. I turned and shielded myself with my sword. I pushed the attacker off and aimed for their neck but they elbowed me in the chest so I'd fall. I hit my sword against their helmet causing it to fall. I should've know. Drake, the prince of the flame nation. "Hello, princess." He spat the word "princess" out like rotten fruits. I growled and charged for him but he grabbed my arm and twisted it behind my back. He used his powers to bring flames to his hands, causing him to burn me. I felt my body tingle but not from the flames. Something more. He stopped because I knew he could feel it too. We turned and looked at each other in the eyes before he stepped back and yelled for his troops to retreat. They were as baffled as my people but obeyed him and vanished into thin air. "We must prepare for next time they arrive." I yelled and everyone nodded in agreement. I looked around and gasped when I saw my brother. "Hatorus!" I screamed while I rushed to his side. He had a dagger in his stomach and he was deathly pale. "Are you okay?" "I'm fine. You have to get your arm checked. It's burned horribly." I shook my head and pulled the weapon from him, causing him to groan. I used my healing powers and closed the wound. "Who did this?" I asked with anger in my tone. He may be older but I must be as mature as him. "Prince Drake." That made my heart stop.

I sighed and helped him up before reentering the palace. "Are you okay?" My mother rushed to us and gave us hugs. I smiled and nodded along with Hatorus. "Honesta, tomorrow you will attend a new school and, I may regret this later, it will be part of the human world so study as much on them and try to blend in." I nodded and rushed to my room. I'm going to the human world! I never really gotten to see what people are like so it may be hard. I sighed and got my book on the humans and my portal to see how they behaved. This will be a long night.