So close yet so far

"Mama, we were together all day and I know he didn't summon his father." "Honesta, I'm sorry but this is what has to be done. The war is tomorrow so be ready." She walked off and I just rushed to my room. This is insane. He would never do this to me. I clenched my fist and teeth and felt them become my fangs. "Drake!" I screamed out loud. He appeared in front of my and jumped back in shock. "Honesta, what the-" "How dare you?! You told your father to restart the war?!" I was so lucky these walls were soundproof now or else Drake would've beem killed by now. "My father said you called war on us. I just wanted to see if it was true or not." I searched his eyes and he was surprisingly telling the truth. "I didn't. I told my mother it wasn't you who did it." "It wasn't." "So who was it?" We thought and nothing came to mind. "Damn! I just wanted to spend the rest of my life with you." My fangs went back to normal and I was wide eyed. He just really said that. As in marriage? "You want to spend the rest of your life with me?" "Yes. Ever since we met, I thought of it. I knew I had a mate but I always dreamt it was you and you were the one I would marry and have kids with." I squealed lightly before tackling him and kissing his face repeatedly. "I love you so much." I said and looked into his eyes. "I love you more." He smiled at me and I bit his snake bites. "Come on. Unless you wanna be raped by a true demon, I suggest you stop." I rolled my eyes and laid on top of him. "I wish we could just live alone without any issues." "We can. We'll just be hunted down and taken back." He joked making me sigh and hug him. Without thinking, I kissed him roughly just wanting to feel his lips again. He automatically kissed back and ran his hands over me. I felt his tongue slide across my bottom lip and I instantly parted my lips, letting his tongue fight with mine.

I wrapped mine around his and eventually, he won. I moaned as his hands grasped my chest and I pulled away to kiss down his neck. He moaned a bit as I nibbled and sucked on his skin, leaving a dark purple mark. Before I could blink, he flipped us around so he was on top. He smirked before licking from my jawbone to my neck. He had grown fangs kind of like mine and grazed them over my neck. "You taste amazing." He whispered making me shiver and moan in pleasure. I felt electricity run along my body just by a single touch. He made me feel different. I never acted like this but it felt amazing. Meant to be. He kissed my neck and bit me softly, leaving love bites. I could feel him get as excited as me as his "friend" pressed into my thigh. He was practically 2 inches away from me! How long was it?! I shook those thoughts away and wrapped my arms around him, pulling him closer. "Honesta? Can we talk?" I heard my mother and froze. "Uhm, one second." I said and quickly sat up. "Come by tonight when everyone's sleep." I said while kissing him one last time. He nodded and disappeared. I fixed myself and opened the door. "Yes, mother?" I said and let her in. "I know you must feel terrible about all of this but we have to. To save these citizens. They need to protected from those monsters." "They are no monsters! Drake is a kind person who fell into the wrong hands. He was the young angel I met long ago and he fell in love with me and got kicked out of heaven. He's a good spirit, mother. I know him. I trust him and I love him." I said and stared her in the eyes. She gritted her teeth and moved my hair behind my ear. "What is this?" She said. The mark. I covered it quickly. "What do you mean?" "Stop lying to me. What. Is. That?" She said seriously. I sighed and moved my hair back. "I got it from when me and Drake were together earlier." "No. This is a recent mark. You were just with him weren't you?" "Mama, I-" "Weren't. You?" "Yes." I sighed and she stood up in outrage. "I forbid you to see that boy! End of discussion. He is no longer your mate." "I might have rejected him once but I forgave him. I will see him all I want and you can't do a damn thing about it!" I brought my hand to my face when I felt a stinging sensation. I looked up and saw she had a water whip.

Water may sooth somethings but this is one of the many things that are deadly. I looked at her in pure hatred and stood up straight. She made the whip vanish and she covered her mouth. I clenched my fist and let out a few heavy breaths. "Honesta, I'm so sorr-" "Get out." "Sweetie, I-" "I said get out and leave me alone!" I snapped at her. She looked down and nodded before leaving out. "I'm sorry." She whispered before closing the door. I looked in my body length mirror and groaned as a red bruise was left. It looked better than Drake's. I used my powers to heal it and heard another knock. I rolled my eyes before opening it. "Honesta, dinner is served." I nodded to my maid and went downstairs where my favorite was served. "Fish lasanga!" I cheered and hugged her. "You and Lorenzo rock." I got a plate full and a glass of water and ate peacefully. It was like heaven. I closed my eyes in joy and in no time, it was gone. So much for that. "Thank you." I said and rushed upstairs and past my mother who called me. She can wait for me to talk to her. She may be angered but she has no right to hit me. I went to my room and "showered". I didn't care for my under garments so I just put on my baby blue night gown. "You look beautiful." I jumped a bit and turned to see Drake lying next to me in only his boxers. "Seriously?" He winked at me and pulled me closer to him. "My mom saw the mark." "My dad saw the mark." We said simulataneously. I giggled and ran my hand along his chest. It was toned to perfection and I shivered thinking about what we could have done and what would have happened if we didn't stop earlier. "Babe, you're thinking too much. Relax." He said into my ear. I sighed and shook my head. "I can't. I'm sorry but this is too hard. My mother doesn't was us together. I thought she was the one person who would be on my side." I cried into his chest. "Baby, I know what you're going through.-" No you don't." "I do! My father wants me to kill you more than anything but I won't you're not going anywhere and niether am I. We're staying together through all of this." He said while wiping away my tears and hugging me close. "Promise?" "I swear." He said and I smled into his chest.

I rubbed his arm while he did my back and I sighed, loving this moment more than anything. "I love you, Honesta." "I love you, Drake." I kissed him lightly before closing my eyes. I felt my life growing back slowly even though many others are trying to rip it away.