Rejection

I sighed as I looked in the mirror. I was so looking forward to today! I really wanted to see Drake and I was hoping he wanted to see me too. I fixed my white crop top, my black skinny jeans and black studded ankle boots. My hair fell freely down my back in waves and I had no make up on. Yep, natural. Atlantians are naturally beautiful if I do say so myself. After brushing my teeth, I reentered my room to see my brother standing with a disappointed look. "Brother, what's wrong?" He held up my journal and I gasped. "Why do you have my book?!" I reached for it but he just stepped back having the upper hand along with his height. "I forbid it! You can not see that evil monster!" Was he talking about Drake? He was not a monster. He was actually sweet and kind and everything I could ever want.

"He is not a monster! I've seen the side you haven't and until you give us a chance to be together, do not bother me." "Honesta, I-" "Goodbye!" I teleported to school and luckily, no one was around. I smiled brightly and rushed inside. I put my bags in my locker before heading to class. All day, Drake was nowhere in sight and I felt kind of upset. I was walking in the halls with my head down and my mind clouded with thoughts of Drake. I looked back up and my heart began to flutter from the sight of Drake but it fell into despair as I saw him kissing another girl. When I say another girl, I mean Jessica. Usually, I would get jealous if someone I liked or dated kissed another girl but right now, it's my mate and I just have the feeling of death. I feel like he killed me and just set my heart on fire with his bare hands. He looked up and immediately pushed her away. She turned around and smirked at me before walking off. "Honesta, I can explain. She c-" "No! My brother was right! You're a monster. A monster who has no respect for me or anyone else in their life." I said as my eyes began to pour out tears. I wiped them away as he tried to touch me and I just stepped back. "Please, Honesta. It was her, not me. I would never do that to you-" "But you did and now we're done." I stated harshly, finally finding my confidence. What I'm about to do is the only thing I wished I'd never have to do but it must be done. "What do you mean done?" He began to stutter and I could feel the fear and sadness rediating from him. "I mean done. As your mate. I'm sorry but I have to reject you." "W-w-what?! No! No. Honesta, please. I'm sorry. I-" "Save it! I'm over it and I'm over you." I teleported back home and walked up the stairs to my room. Hatorus stood with his arms crossed in front of my door and he noticed my tears. I pushed past him and opened the door but before I shut it completely, I looked him in his eyes and said, "You were right. I hope you're happy about it and I hope you and Drake are happy to see me alone and sad but I know you wanted this for the better. But even if this never happened, tell me, why couldn't you be happy for me? Like I was when you found Ursel. I supported you and stood by you even though so many people said she was useless and no good. Why can't you just show me this one time that you truly cared about me as a sister and not someone you live with?"

I didn't even make it to my  bed before fully breaking down and sobbing as much as I could. I heard a soft purr and saw a black kitten in my lap. "Hey, where did you come from little fella?" I said while holding him up. I read his collar and it said 'D.B.' D.B.? I didn't know a D.B. "Honesta, please listen to me." I jumped as I saw the kitten turned into the monster himself. "I'm sorry. It was a mistake and I-" "Vanish demon!" I yelled causing him to disappear and return to hell where he belongs. I could feel him trying to come back but the barrier I put up was too strong. I heard a knock at me door and groaned. "I want to be alone!" I yelled. "Sweetie,it's mama, open up." My mother said. I guess I can talk to one person. I opened the door and let her in. "Yes?" "I heard sobbing, is everything alright?" I shook my head and started crying again. She closed the door and sat on my bed, me next to her. "Drake." "The demon boy?" She said dreamily. She was a loving person but can be hard and scary whenever she wants which I never want to happen. "Yeah." I said in a whisper, not wanting to tell her and see her true anger revealed. She loves everything but her kids the most. "What did he do?" "He, uhm, he's my mate. But, I rejected him." "Why? Is it because of the war? You can work-" "It's not the war mama. He kissed another girl. In front of me." I said slowly. She clenched her fist and unclenched them many of times. "It's alright mama. I'm never gonna see him again." She sighed and made me face her.

"Have I ever told you the story of how me and your father met?" "Many of times." "I mean the real story." She didn't tell us the real story? I thought they both met in the center of town and the began dating and became mates. She turned so she was sitting criss-crossed on my bed so I sat the same way and faced her. "When I was 16, your father and I hated each other with a passion but we always somehow caught up to each other. We both knew we were mates but never wanted to accept it." She started and daydreamed as she spoke. "One day, I was alone in my house while my mother and father were out with the council. I heard a knock at my door and opened it. Of course, it was your father but he came and slit my throat and he left me to die." "Papa tried to kill you?!" She nodded before taking a breath in and continuing. "But I was saved quickly and when I awoke, I swore vengance against him. We met in the center of town and we fought there. After an hour or so, I had him. He was so close to death but I couldn't bare to see him in pain so I saved him." "What happened next?" I asked, interested in my mother's tale of how she met my father. "He said the only reason he hurt me was because he thought I was weak and foolish but after he saw I was strong and clever, our love began to blossom. We got married, had beautiful children and lived to a good age before....His ending." She wiped away her stray tear and I hugged her close. "What I mean is we may have hated each other but we were mates. We were made for each other. You can't turn from fate." She said and quickly walked out. We're made for each other. I thought hard on that and made my decision. I know what I have to do.