Nothing Left of Me

Do you ever just know that you can give someone exactly what they need? You can be their umbrella in the rain and their blood flowing to their brain, but they just won't make a space for you in their life. They rather stay with the people acting like knives that cut with each and every breath they take. I couldn't fix the wounds, but I sure could be the bandage that helps them heal. I may not know every answer to cure all the heartbreaks, but I promise to try my best. Each kiss you gave me might've just been a game to you, but it sure did mean the world to me. Loving you was like loving broken glass. I cut myself with each piece I picked up, only to find that the cracks couldn't be filled in. The reflection staring back at me became distorted. No longer did I see who I really was because I put all I was into fixing you. You stayed around them instead of trying to work with me. They say you can't give any more than you have, but I promise you, I dug a little bit deeper just so you could feel a bit more at home.. You didn't even care though. By then I was just a broken recorded; spinning around and doing the same old thing to try and make your day a bit better. I kept holding onto the ropes to only find that they burnt my hands. By the time I finally let go, I was already at my all-time low. And that's when you decided to notice me. Not as the girl that gave you everything she once was but as broken mess that you didn't want in your life.

---------

Tell me what y'all think! Sorry if it's super crappy haha.