Chapter 12

Natsu's Pov
The next day I went to Lucy's house to pick her up. I don't want her to feel alone anymore.

I knock on the door and wait 3 minutes before she opened the door. I look down at her. Her eyes were swollen and red like she had been crying all night and she looked really tired. She looked up at me with a fake smile.
"H-hey Natsu..." She said her voice cracking a little. I place my hand on top of her head and ruffled it a bit.
"Geez Lucy! You look like hell." I say with a goofy grin on my face. She slaps my hand away and looks at me with rage.
"The hell Natsu?! You don't just tell someone that!" I laugh at her.
"Well maybe if you genuinely smile then I won't say anything." She looks at for a moment then laughs. She finally laughed!
"Baka...ok I'll smile from now on!" She says and smiles.

Lucy's Pov
I'm so glad Natsu is here. If he wasn't I would still be a complete mess!
While walking to school he cracks a bunch of jokes and all I can do is laugh until my stomach hurts.

Midway Natsu came to a stop making me run into him.
"Natsu what's wrong? Why did you stop?" I ask. I see his hands clenched into fists and look around him. No wonder he stopped. Standing in front of us is Gray and Juvia.
I pull on Natsu's arm.
"Remember you said you wouldn't do anything reckless so come on!" I pull Natsu behind me and I pass Gray. I didn't look at him.

When we got to school me and Natsu parted ways. Finally I was genuinely happy at school. When it was lunch period I sat with my usual group.
"You're looking better Lucy!" Mirajane
says and smiles at me.
"Yeah I'm doing a lot better! I can't wait for cheer practice to start though." Mira giggles and shakes her head. She's the cheer captain so I look up to her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At the end of the day I part ways with Levy and Erza and head home.
"Lucy!!" I turn around and see Natsu tuning after me. I tilt my head in confusion.
"Hey Natsu...do you live this way too?" I ask and he laughs.
"No silly! I'm here to walk you home." He says and takes my hand. I blush and look away from him. He's just my friend so I shouldn't be blushing!

He walks to my house still holding my hand. On the way we joke and good around. When we stop at my house I see the person I never wanted to see again leaning on my door. He turns to look at me with those deep blue eyes. I stop in my tracks and look back at him. A mixture of sadness and anger fills me.
"Why are you here?" I hear Natsu ask.
Gray still only looks at me.
"I came here to see Lucy." He says.
"Well I don't want to see you Gray. Step away from my door and go back to your girlfriend." I say coldly. He walks towards me.
"Please Lucy just listen-"
"No!" I cut him off.
"You already said you want nothing to do with me so why are you here?! Whatever you have to say isn't important! Just go away!" I yell and I feel the tears forming. He looks down and walks past me. I wipe my eyes and open my door.
"Sorry about that Natsu. Thank you for walking me home." I say without looking at him and walk into my house closing the door behind me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well...that just happened...I have no comment except Read my other book please! I'll be slowly updating both so bear with me. I hope you liked this chapter!
Sayonara~