More x or x Less

"He's such a big idiot!" I throw the pillow on the wall with a thud.

Flashback

"Well?"

"Hisoka?"

"Yeah, Hisoka the magician, his next fight is tonight! These tickets are a steal! He is said to be able to outwit all his opponents. Though to be honest, I think that sometimes he just moves so fast no one can follow. No one can figure out how he does it!"

"Magic?"

"Right.... If you wanna see it up close you will need to get tickets! It's the only way in!"

The only way.

Butterflies flew around in my stomach. I can finally see him again.

"Girly?"

His face looked at my squirming figure confused. I snap to attention with a huuuuuge smile.

"I'll take one!"

Small time skip

I push and shove to get my seat. It's not a bad seat. Near the middle row looking directly at the side of the arena. The people begin shouting as the time nears. I felt like I might have to stand on my chair to watch the fight with so many adults sitting in front of me.

The air is somewhat tense but it is still so loud that the people can't calm down enough to quiet down until the judges box light turns on and a man appears in a judges costume through the door.

I can feel myself bouncing in my seat with lack of patience and a hyper mind. I see the other fighter appear standing on his side rolling his arms around in preperation. I look to the lit screen with a timer counting down.

2 minutes!

The ref began to make his way to the arena, climbing up on it quickly. The crowd cheers. I stare at his door. There in the shadow of the door I could feel him. That strong aura. I won't admit to anyone, especially him, that I have missed it all this time. Especially with his stupid dodge upon my arrival at the top floors.

But as soon as I felt it....it vanished. The doorway empty. The door remains shut. I stare even more confused as it remains closed.

"The challenged has five minutes to appear before being disqualified."

"C'mon Hisoka, what are you afraid of, huh? Get out here and fight me!"

No movement appears in the door. In fact, the light vanishes as it is flipped off from the inside.

"Where is he?"

"We want a fight!"

The audience begins to argue loudly causing a commotion. The tense atmosphere seems to build even higher. People begin pushing and shoving as the timer closes in on the final minute.

"Hisoke, there is one minute before automatic disqualification. Please join us in the ring. If the timer runs out, the challanger wins by default."

"I want my money back!"

"This is shit! We paid for a show!"

I felt the anger boiling up inside.

Present time

"Grrr...you big idiot!" I flip my side table with a crash. All the items begin to roll around on the floor. The small glass didn't break but it rolls under the bed. Abra-Kadabra hops into the air worriedly. I make myself heave sigh and give him a look of apology. Throwing things won't get me anywhere. But it's so frustrating!

Abra-Kadabra flies out the window right after a soft whistle rings somewhere. I look around trying to find it and turn back towards the open window.

"What's that?"

I move over to the window and look down to see Abra-Kadabra diving straight down.

"What on earth? Haha."

Down near the entrance a couple of small figures bounce around tossing bugs. They seem to be having alot of fun.

"I was wondering why you didn't have as much of an apatite lately."

I look over the messy room and notice myself in the mirror. My poor hair is so desheveled I look almost like a balloon took over it. I stroke it trying to remove a few fly-aways. But, of course, it didn't help.

"This is going to need a good washing. Mr Magician probably doesn't like messy girls."

"Huff" the small tower weebles and wobbles before toppling over. "That's no fun."

"-and not only that but this is not the first time this has happened. Hisoka is known for avoiding fights when he thinks it will be quote unquote "boring". I wonder how long this will go on for?"

I look to my side table where the hotel staff set the wine and ice. Not bad for a boring place like this.

*knock knock*

"Yes, who is it~"

"We have completed your request sir."

I hop up with pep in my step and reach the door. The towel is all that clings to my body as a tired staff ignores it. She passes me a dvd and an envelope before turning to leave.

"About time~ I was getting lonely"

I pop the dvd in and begin watching Gons first few fights, all no trouble for him. Such a good little boy. After a few uninteresting matches I see it switch to a small girl. A smile breaks out and carves it's way up my face.

The fight seems boring and she is mostly dodging l, until...

"Ohoho, you seem to have found a secret of your own, Princess."

The screen tries to follow her movements, almost keeping up at some points. Then just when you expect her to use a little ballerina dodge again. Oh, what beautiful craftsmanship. Could fool anyone who can't 'see'.

I look at the slightly crumpled envelope on the table with a small family crest. A moon with a sword and a dog. Not very high class, nor very rich, but standing (no pun intended) not-with standing, they seem to be well known throughout the region.

The picture of a heavy muscled man, a fat woman and a bruised child all sit in preposed positions while the family portrait is taken.

The little girl looks like she is dead, no life, no joy, nothing of what she showed me on the street. Such beautiful fascination.

Both of us.

The small red letters litter a piece of paper outlining this photographic piece. The outline reads in repetitive bleeding print.

"DEAD OR ALIVE"