Hide x and x Seek

I wake with a small familiar yelp as a pressure pulls my arm in a direction it wasn't built to take.

The room is dark and a heavy bandana lazily covers my eyes leaving only a small line to discern that of my surroundings.

I push my feet out to discover the boundaries of this place are even smaller then that of a public toilet. The walls were covered in metal and nails as though perhaps it once held some sort of soft dry wall. It's like an abandoned warehouse closet or something.

Soft words were being spoken outside the room. I try to get into a better sitting position but whatever is holding my arms in this painful hold seems to be weighed down and as though it were going through the floor. It shines dim green and hums softly.

The voices outside seem to finally stop and clunky shoes make their way to the door in front of me.

"Do you think she is awake?"

"Yes."

The light filled the outlines of my eye wrappings in one quick motion. Through the slit I can see the doctors face standing behind a sneering old man with a large scar across his cheek.

"The little bitch is finally awake. So, got anything to say for yourself miss Caitlyn?"

"Hey!"

A man from somewhere outside my small prison seems to be frightened as a crashing sound of glass rings. My sudden turn of the head slides the cloth farther down onto my eyes.

"What the-" another yells.

I can't see what's happenin! I need to get this thing off my eyes! It sounds like such a fun show outside.

● □ 8 <

We followed the men to an old office building in the run down part of town but they don't seem to be noticing us at all.

"Gon" the other boy says from above a bloodied man in a black suit.

"Huh?"

"This one's ready to spill."

The bloody man looked back and forth in the alley more afraid of the silence around them then the threat of the boys right beside him.

"If I tell you, can you get me out of here. I know a boat that can get me far away but unless you can I can't give you any info."

"A boat? Are you going somewhere?"

"Are you kidding? Anywhere that kid can't find me would be paradise on earth. He has eyes everywhere in this city."

"Kid? What kid?" Killua asks, interest piqued.

"So. I finally get summoned? How fun~ Shall we have a party?"

"He needs you to immediately meet him at his home. We shall accompany you, sir."

"Hmmmmm, that's not as fun as a game of hide and seek though~"

A glint appears and moist lips lift a crooked smile that slides up the side of his face. The men sweat a little as they look to one another in fear.

"10~"

His lips separate as his tongue glides over the soft tissue and travel to the corner of his mouth.

"9~"

"You've got to be kidding."

"8~"

"No one would cross boss." The men stutter excuses as he continues.

"7~"

"...right?"

"6~"

One of the men seems to cracked under the pressure and begins to run.

"5~"

Several others turn to follow as fast as they can. The last few seem concerned and confused as the strange fellow in odd clothes and makeup continues to count down.

"1"

The door slams closed with a loud thud. The air blows hair around my face in a soft wave. The room vibrates with energy before I feel the as though a large pressure closes in on me.

A burst of fire surrounds me and seems to engulf me in it. I fall into the warmth unable to move because of the pressure.

● □ 8 <

"That's all I know! Some girl who is boss' fiance got carried away and this is her punishment!"

"Punishment huh. Reminds me of something my family would do."

"Stupid little wench even took a new name to try to hide from her old one. Wouldn't you know it, it became "Princess". How childish."

Killua vanishes and appears leaning close behind the man's ears with dark abyss within his eyes "Getting a little mouthy I think, must have forgotten your position."

The man's face goes white as a sheet. Gon's voice speaks up calmly "Where did the others take her then?"

"Well...we were supposed to all meet up at the warehouse..."

"Show us the way."

"But if I'm alone..."

"You don't have to do more than accompany us. We can take care of ourselves. When we are done we will eve make sure you get to your boat."

"Well....that's not exactly what I meant but..."

"Something the matter with our plan?" A voice hiding intent asks above him.

"No!" The man's voice cracks from Killua's question.

"Good" the white haired boys smile was soft, but the eyes he just closed were as soft as sandpaper as it skins you alive.

They pick the man up and help him in the right direction. After a bit of walking they approach the warehouse area and he heads to the tallest one.

"This one?"

"Yeah, they'd be on the planning floor. You don't really need me here for this do you?"

A small stream of blood travels down the path from the last of the group as he crawls back desperately.

"What do you want?!" The man is all but lost in his mind.

"How about you tell me where to find this patron of yours before I get bored?"

The flames seem to simmer down and the pressure from before falls away. The bindings seem somehow tighter though and the air makes my hair stand on end.

Somewhere in the room a sound of a pen flying across paper is heard moving quickly over documents. I pull on the chain only to feel it tighten more around my wrists.

"Finally here I see. It has been too long my dearest."

To my readers, thank you for putting up with my bad updating as I got settled into my new college. I still plan to finish this soon and hope you enjoy the upcoming ending. And please, if there are any mistakes I apologize and appreciate feedback.