Chapter 1- Departing

"Does this really have to happen Chad, I don't want to leave you". I told Chad while crying my eyes out. " Yes it does sis, I love you" Chad said tearing up. "I love you too bubs, I'll miss you." "I'll miss you too sis, your plane is about to take off." I give Chad one last hug and tell him bye before I abored the plane with my parents.

When we get on the plane we find our seats and listen to the flight attendant. Once she was done talking, I put my earbuds in and listened to Nick Jonas' new album and fell asleep.

"Honey wake up". My dad said while shaking me. " We landed in California." My mom said. At least she's happy. While we waited for our luggage I texted Chad 'we landed and I miss you already'. He replied moments later with 'Okay sis, hope everything goes well in Cali, I miss you too❤'

We are now on our way to our new home in California. My mom told me when we were back in Texas that there's a really nice family next door with two little kids.
*skip full car ride*
We stop in front of this very big beautiful house. "This is our house now Lou" my mom told me. "I love it! I just wish Chad was here with us." "I know sweetie, he will be here during Christmas break" my dad told me. "I know daddy." "Oh, honey, you will be going to Pitman High school" my dad said. "It's just right down the street, you could walk there" my mom added. "That sounds nice, is there a park nearby?" "Yes there is, there's one down the street along with an ice cream shop and a pet store. There's also a Taco bell right next to Pitman", my dad said. " California already sounds amazing."