Chapter 3- The phone call

It's been 2 weeks since we got to California. Ive only talked to my brother once since he's busy with college. I've enrolled into Pitman High School and I start tomorrow. Im going to be a senior. My classes are Aquatics, geometry, foods, English and choir. Aquatics is an extra period so I don't have to go everyday and it won't effect my grade. I don't have many classes because I have all my credits needed to graduate already. I just needed 5 for English and 5 for geometry. So once the semester is over, i could graduate, or I have the option to stay and take electives.
       My phone started ringing. I picked it up and looked at it, Chad is calling me. Right away I picked it up.
L - Hey bubs
C - Hey Lou
L - How's college?
C - it's going good, I have a new roommate , he's a forgein exchange student.
L - Thats amazing!! Where is he from?
C - he came from Germany.
L - that sounds hella cool, I have to meet him when you come for Christmas.
C - I'm sure he will come for Christmas.
L - yay! I miss you Chad.
C - I miss you too sis, hows highschool?
L - my first day is tomorrow.
C - are you scared?
L - Sort of, I don't even know what to wear.
C - youll do just fine, and why don't I pick an out fit for you?
L - For sure! It's mainly just the clothes I had back in Texas , I haven't felt like going clothes shopping.
C - okay, wear your black shorts and white & black new York shirt if it's hot. And if it's cold wear your grey and black long sleeve shirt with the words 'you think big you get big' and your dark red jeans.
L - my grey and black shirts seems great, I'll wear that, thanks Chad!
C - No problem lil sis, hows mom and dad doing?
L - they are doing great! They are at the grocery store right now and they said that they are getting a surprise.
C - I know what they are getting.
L - tell me!!
C - nopee
L - please bubs
C - no can do lil sis.
L - but whyyy
C - it's a surprise you idiot
L - your stupid as fuck
C - shut the fuck up
L - never
C - hey, id behave if I were you, I know what the surprise is, I could just let it slip out you know.
L - I love youuuu
C - awe, I love you too.
L - you suck balls, I see what you did there.
C - I love you too Lou
L - I gotta go, the surprise is here.
C - I know you will love it, bye Lou.
L - bye bubs
*** Phone call ended ***

"Lou come see what we got" my mom yelled from downstairs.
I ran down the stairs almost falling on the last stair. Once I got down there I saw my parents with big smiles on there faces and when I looked down at their hands they both had a puppy. "Oh my gosh, it's so adorable!" "Here hon, why don't you hold one." My dad said while handing me a puppy. "Holy crap, they're bulldogs." I said a bit too loud. "Lou, language, and yes they are, we know how much you've always wanted one and now that you and your brother are apart your father and I thought it would give you some company." My mom explained to me. "Thankyou so much guys." I said while giving them both a hug. "Everything you need right now for them is in the trunk, you could get it later if you want, and if you want to get them anything else or if you run out of food there's a pet store down the street." My dad told me. "Okay daddy, thanks agian." "no problem sweetie."
I headed back to my room holding both puppies. I think I'm going to name then Oscar and Cooper. I texted my brother a picture of Oscar and Cooper with the caption 'bubs! Meet Oscar and Cooper! Aren't they adorable!!' I decided to get the stuff out of the trunk. When I went downstairs I saw a note on the table that said 'we went to go grab dinner down the street. Be back soon love you' I went out into the garage and unlocked the trunk to get the bags. Thats when I heard a loud gunshot. "What the holy fuck!" I screamed while running back into the house.