Two.

"Cecilia, you're breaking my heart..."

I'm woken up to the sound of my phone ringing. I groan as I sit up, reaching out to my phone which had somehow ended up under the couch.

"What?" I ask, without checking the caller ID.

"Hello to you too, Sierra Anne Clarke."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. I don't recognize the voice. It's a guy. I remove the phone from my ear to check the caller ID. Unknown number.

"I'm sorry but who are you?"

"I'm whoever you want me to be."

What? "I'm sorry, what? How- how did you get my number?"

"I have connections, love. Now, meet me by the park in about half an hour. I'll be waiting." He hung up.

What the hell?

X

My Converses made soft crunching noises as they hit the park ground.

Okay, you must probably be thinking that I'm an idiot to have gone to an abandoned park to meet some random guy who somehow found my number. And believe me, that is exactly what I'm thinking right now. He could be a murderer for all I know. But, oh well, what's done is done, I guess.

I scan the park for any sign of human beings and see a lean, dark haired boy sitting all by himself on a park bench. As soon I approach him, he looks up at me and smiles.

"Sierra! Hi."

"Nate?"

"Ah, you remember me." He grins.

"What do you want? How did you get my number?"

"I told you, I have connections. And, I want you to show me around. I am new here, remember?"

"Uh. Um, right. Okay, but why me? Don't you have other friends? Gabriella, Ethan, Dan, Emma, Tyler and everyone?" He'd been to school for only two days and he fit right in with all the 'cool kids'.

"Yeah, well, they're too cheerful and perky and preppy for my liking. You, however, are what I'm looking for in a tour guide."

"Uh-huh. Well come on. I'll show you around."

X

"Ice - skating?"

"Yep, ice- skating," I smirk, "Get ready to have your ass kicked, because I'm great at this. I'll try to go easy on you."

He rolls his eyes, "How do you know I'm not good at this as well?"

I shrug, "I'm still better at it."

"You're going to jinx it if you keep saying that."

I roll my eyes as I tell the guy behind the counter our shoe sizes. He gives us two pairs and says, "Have a good day."

I narrow my eyes at him and say, "Don't tell me what to do," and walk away with the shoes in my hands.

I give Nate his shoes and put on mine, while he does the same. He gets up, wobbles a little, and starts skating, and I follow him. He skates pretty well for some time, but as soon as he tries to turn around and face me, he falls and lands hard on his butt.

"Owww," he grimaces, "I think I just broke my ass."

I'm too busy clutching my stomach and laughing at him to reply to that. "You...you...." I can't continue as I erupt into laughter again.

"Shut up. Help me up now." He reaches out his hand to hold mine.

I give him my hand, still laughing, and as soon as I help him up, I slip and fall hard on the ice.

"Oh my god, this actually does hurt," I say, grimacing.

It's Nate's turn to laugh now, "You should have seen your face! Priceless!"

"Shut up. It's your turn to help me up." I reach out my hand for him to take.

He grasps my hand in his, and helps me up. As soon I as I get up...

We both fall.

"Oh my freaking God!!!" he yells.

"Ow ow ow," I wince in pain.

"Now I'm sure my ass broke. Damn you, stupid ice."

We both somehow manage to get up, without falling over. We skate and goof around for a little while, after which we decide to leave. We return the shoes to the guy behind the counter and leave.

Next stop: the zoo.

X

I park the car and we get out. We walk into the zoo. I last came to this zoo when I was about 13 years old. Fruit and Dad had brought me here on my birthday. I loved it here.

We go to the water creatures section. Nate looks at all the fish in fascination and says, "Wow. They're so...colorful."

I chuckle, "Well, that's one way to describe it."

When I take him to see the whale sharks, his expression is priceless. He looks as if his birthday came early.

"They're so cool!" He exclaims.

"I know, right?" I smile as I watch him pressing his face to the glass to watch the whale sharks better. Dork.

"You like it here, yeah?" I ask him.

"I love it! This place is amazing!"

"Come on. The penguins await."

He beams, "I likey the penguins."

We reach the arctic animals section. We go to see the penguins and I could tell that Nate was having the time of his life. He was like a two year old in an adult's body.

After seeing all the animals in the zoo, we get back to the car and I drive him home. Turns out he lives only a block away. I drop him home and we say our goodbyes.

"I actually had a lot of fun today, S."

"S? Is that what you're gonna call me now?"

"Yeah. I like it." He smiles at me.

"Whatever. I genuinely enjoyed myself as well. Which is saying something, as nothing really excites me these days." Which was true. Since I was diagnosed with depression, everything just seemed to stop being exciting.

He smiles softly, "Well, I'm glad you had fun. I'll see you soon, S. Bye!"

"Bye."

I back out of the driveway and drive home, every memory etched into my brain forever.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Paper Towns is an amazing book. That is all.

Also, double update ayy

Also, don't forget to vote if you like my story please :3

~Jane x