Six.

Ugly girl on the side/top is me lol

(TRIGGER WARNING?¿?¿?)

+

"Alright, spit it out, how did you really break your arm?"

I stare at him. "I already told you, I tripped on-"

"Bullshit. I think you and I both know that you're lying."

I gulp and look down at my feet.

Nate shifts closer to me and tilts my chin up to make me face him. "Sierra, who did this to you?"

"Eric," I whisper.

He locks his jaw. "Walker? Eric Walker?"

I nod.

His eyes darken and he looks away from me. "That bastard. He's gonna fucking pay for this, I'll fuc-"

"Nate, it's alright, honestly, it's all fine."

"How many times?"

"Huh?"

"How many times has he done this to you? How many times has he hurt you?"

"I- I don't know. Too many."

"That's it! He'll fucking pay for this!"

I sigh. "Please don't do this. I don't want to look like an attention seeker."

He places his hands on my shoulders. "Sierra Anne Clarke. Don't you dare call yourself an attention seeker. That guy has physically abused you, and if you think I'm going to let him get away with this, then...well, then you're fucking wrong."

I shrug away his hands from my shoulders. "I don't understand. Why do you suddenly care so much about me?"

"You're a friend, Sierra. Of course I'll care for you." (A/N: ooooooh friendzoned)

I shake my head, "What do you think of me? That I'm too weak? That I can't handle this myself? I can do this on my own, thanks. I don't need you to take care of me or whatever. I'm old enough to take care of myself, alright? I don't need any of your- or anyone else's- fucking pity, you hear me? Do not pity me." I walk away into the cafeteria, just as the bell rings. What great timing.

Oh shit.

It's French.

And Nate sits next to me.

X

"I'm home!" I yelled, throwing my backpack on the couch and removing my boots.

"Me too!" Fruit yells back.

"Fruit! You're home! Yay!" I run up to him and throw my arms around him. Well, arm.

He chuckles, "Hey, kiddo. How was school?"

"Uh, school was school. Same old."

He smiles at me. "Go freshen up. Dad'll be here soon. I've made lasagna."

"Yesss! I love lasagna!" I run up the stairs into my room.

I decide to take a quick shower. I love showers. As I feel the water running down my face and my back, I think about what happened with Nate today. It was, needless to say, incredibly awkward between us during French. We hardly looked at each other and you could cut the tension with a knife.