Eight.

'People say friends don't destroy one another
What do they know about friends?'

-The Mountain Goats, Game Shows Touch Our Lives

+

Probably the worst part of waking up today was that for a moment I feel particularly happy and pleased with the world, but then the events from this morning slams into my memory with no warning like a fucking meteor and it hurts so bad.

I sit up and groggily rub my eyes. Then I just sit there with my shoulders slumped, staring at the wall with my band posters for some time. I realize I need to get up. But I still sit there for some more time.

And more.

And more.

And even more.

Finally, after about ten minutes of just-sitting-there, I drag myself out of my bed and go to the bathroom.

I walk past the mirror.

I walk back.

I cringe. (A/N: me everyday)

"Goddammit, Sierra," I mumble. My eyes are bloodshot and my stupid hair is sticking out in weird angles, making me question the laws of gravity. Dark circles underline my eyes. In short, I'm a fucking mess.

Well, that's what I get for sobbing for three hours.

I wash my face and try to get rid of the bloodshotedness of my eyes.I somewhat succeed and I feel quite triumphant. Then I brush my teeth and comb my hair and go downstairs for breakfast.

"Morning," I say, yawning, "Oh wait. There's nobody here."

I see a yellow post-it stuck to the door of the refrigerator and go over to read it.

Gone to the Saturday market, will be back by 2. Left over lasagna's in the fridge. For lunch, NOT BREAKFAST.
- Fruit and Dad x

I sigh. What the hell do people even do in the market? There's nothing good to eat or anything. The unhealthiest food there, are probably waffles or something.

Suddenly, I realize that I'm really hungry. And in the mood for coffee. So I put on a pair of jeans along with a gray hoodie over my black tank top and lace up my old (but still awesome) black and white Converse. I don't bother to, like, brush my hair or anything. Typical me. I go out and make my way to the nearest coffee shop, which is just a block away.

I reach the coffee shop and go in. It's almost empty, but then again it almost always is. I go to the far corner of the shop next to the window and sit down. I lean against the window and watch the people outside. I've always liked observing other people. From a distance, I mean. They're all so interesting. Alex and I used to play this game in which we had to look at other people and imagine their lives. What they do, what their family life is like, if they're married or not, if they have any children or not. It was kind of entertaining. In a weird way. In the end it actually helps you know more about the person who's doing the imagining than person who's life is being imagined.

The waitress walks over to me and smiles. She doesn't look much older than twenty three. "Hey, what can I get you?" she smiles.

"A cappuccino, please. And an Oreo cheesecake?"

"Sure. Is that all?"

"Yeah, thanks."

She walks away and I plug in my earphones and start listening to All Time Low, when the door opens. Nate walks in and makes eye contact with me. He smiles and waves, walking over to my table.

"Well, well, if it isn't Sierra Anne Clarke."

I roll my eyes, "Sit down if you want to, dork."

"Whoa, there, no need to be rude," he chuckles(A/N: that's such a funny word lolz xD sorry I'll leave now) and sits down.

We sit in silence for a while. The waitress arrives at our table with Nate's coffee, as well as mine and my Oreo cheesecake. We make small talk while eating, after which I decide to apologize, "Look, I'm sorry about the other day. I didn't mean to lash out on you."

He looks at me and smiles softly, "Hey, that's okay, don't apologize, I get it. Let bygones be bygones, yeah?"

I smile. "Sure."

We finish our food. I reach for my money in my purse, but Nate beats me to it.

I raise my eyebrows at him, "I can pay for myself, you know."

"Hey, I'm just trying to be a gentleman here. I'm paying, not you."

"Shut up. I have money."

"Okay let's make a deal."

I blink at him, "What is this deal of yours?"

He smirks, "Go on a date with me."

I open my mouth to interrupt, but he holds a finger up, "I wasn't done. Go on a date with me, and the food is free. Say no, and you can pay."

I raise an eyebrow. "No. I won't go with you. I'm paying."

He places a hand over his heart feigning hurt, "That hurt, babe. It really did."

I roll my eyes at him, though all I am thinking is babebabebabe. I clear my throat and smirk at him, "If you really wanted a date, you could've just said so, you know."

He smiles sheepishly and I laugh at him.

"But yes."

He looks up at me, "Yes what?"

"Yes, I will go on a date with you."

+

Very short, I KNOW, but my math exam is tomorrow and y'all better love me for updating ok

~Jane