Three.

I look away from my laptop screen as the doorbell rings. I walk over to answer the door. Fruit and Dad aren't home; they've gone out for grocery shopping or something. I'm the only one at home, and I sort of like it this way.

I open the door to see Chloe standing there, beaming at me.

"Sierra oh my gosh, guess what happened!!"

"Well, are you going to come in, or..."

"Yeah, yeah, of course," she says and walks over to sit on the couch.

I sit next to her and wait for her to speak.

"Tyler asked me out!!!" She gushed.

I raised an eyebrow, "The Tyler? The Tyler you had a crush on for, like, two years? He asked you out?"

"Hell yes he did! Oh my gosh, Sierra, I'm so freaking happy!!!" She squeals.

"And I'm guessing you need me for something..."

She looked up at me smiled, "Sierraaaaaa. Sierra, darling, we've been friends for, what, 7 years? You'll do me a teensy little favor won't you?"

I rolled my eyes, "What do you want me to do."

"I want you to come shopping for a dress with me."

"No. No way."

"Oh, come on, Sierra, please? Tyler Freaking Williams wants to go on a date with me! I need a pretty dress."

"I'm not going dress shopping with you, Chloe."

"Please, Sierra, please. Here, how about this- we go shopping in Borders to get you a new book later? Deal?"

I narrow my eyes at her, "Fine. Deal."

X

"Are we done yet?"

"Shut up. Tell me, should I get this dress or that one?"

"Get whatever. I don't care. All I want is that book you promised to buy me."

"Sierra, please cooperate, thanks."

"Oh, come on! We've been here for over an hour! How much longer do you need? Just pick a fucking dress already!"

"But I can't find one that matches my skin tone!"

"Oh my god, Chloe, that's it. You pick a fucking dress yourself. I'm going to Borders. Bye."

She rolled her eyes, "Fine. Bye."

That girl seriously gets on my nerves.

I walk into Borders, instantly feeling at peace. Finally. I love this place. If there's a heaven, there's a good chance this is it. Given a chance, I'd make this place my home.

I walk towards the 'Young Adult' section, searching for a book that catches my eye. Paper Towns. Oh my God, I finally found this book. I reach out towards the book and take it in my hands and turn in over. I read the summary, instantly deciding I should get this book.

"I've been searching everywhere for you," I whisper, looking at the book cover. A small kid in the aisle next to me hears me, and gives me a weird look.

"What?" I snap.

The kid looks startled and scampers away.

I walk over to the cash counter where there wasn't a long queue. I don't understand why people would be willing to spend two hours for dress shopping, but aren't willing to spare even five minutes for book shopping. It's stupid, really. I give the cashier the book, pay for it, and leave. I text Chloe to ask her whether she's selected a dress yet or not, and she replies with a no. I decide to leave her and go home. Which is a stupid idea because we drove here in Chloe's car. Thankfully, my house isn't too far away from here, so I can walk home. Plus, I'd lose some calories as well. Yay.