2.Two

Chapter 2.Two

Inihatid ko muna ang mga bata sa school nila bago ako tumutuloy sa trabaho. "Kids, Kuya Leon will be back today. Siya na ang susundo sa inyo today, okay? Dad will come home quite late." pagpapaalam ko sa kanila. Si Leon ay isa sa mga pinagkakatiwalaan kong bodyguards ng mga anak ko. As much as I want my kids to live a normal life, circumstances won't let me. Being one of the richest person in the country requires some security. Not that I receive any signs or threats. I just want to make sure the safety of my children.

"I missed uncle Leon." usal ni Caile who like Rizon has been attached to the man.

Napangiti nalang ako dito and kissed them both goodbye. Hinintay ko silang makapasok sa paaralan nila. I took a glance at the tinted car parked at the area. I nodded at Israel who was leaning on it casually. He is part of my children's security at palaging nakasunod sa mga bata. But I told him to take a little distance.
I went inside the car and drove my way to the office.

"Good morning, sir!" Adelle, my secretary greeted. She's been my secretary for how many years now. And I'm thankful of her efficiency and how she performs her job.

"Good morning, Adelle. How are you? Is Jason out from the hospital?" I asked referring to his ten year old son.

She nodded and handed me a box of cookies and another one for some cupcakes. "My husband baked that. A thank you for the help you offered." she said referring to her pastry chef husband.

I smiled at her and took the boxes. "Thank you! My kids would love these, too. They've been wanting Raff's cookies since last week." Ngumiti naman ito.
Adelle and her family has been a family to us as well. At mahal ito ng mga anak ko lalo na't sobrang bait ng mag-asawa. "I need my schedule today. Come in after 5 mins." utos ko dito saka pumasok ng opisina. I placed the cupcakes in my fridge and placed the cookies on my table.

Nakaayos na naman ang mga papeles na kailangan ko sa mesa pati na ang laptop ko. Adelle then entered with a cup of coffee on my table. Agad naman nitong binasa ang schedule ko for today. "That would be all, sir."

I nodded at her, "Order foods from Exquisite. Iyong favorite ng mga bata. They'd join me for lunch here."

She nodded, "Will that be all, sir?"

"Make it enough for seven persons. Join with us for lunch later."

"Okay, sir." iyon lang at lumabas na ito.
I stared at the file of reports and others then I started working.

The sound of my intercom had snapped me out from my deep work. I pressed the button. "Yes?"

"Sir, Ms. Villarama is at the lobby. Should I send her here?"

Napakunot noo ako. Francine Villarama is the handler and manager of the anonymous artist whose exhibit I am holding. I don't have an appointment with her today. Why is she here? "Send her in. And bring us refreshments once she's settled."

A few more minutes and I heard a knock on the door before it opened. "Sir, Ms. Villarama is here." pahayag ni Adelle kung saan nakasunod si Francine. Lumabas naman ito agad para kumuha ng maiinom.

I stood and shook her hand before gesturing her to sit down. "To what do I owe this visit, Ms. Villarama?"

"Francine will do, Mr. Cleo. I hate too much formality." saad nito with her nose crinkled.