Chapter 1

There I was, standing on a small ladder, raiding a shelf in the 'Science' aisle.

Where the hell is Grey's Anatomy? I'm completely lost at this point. I look down the aisle and see a young man looking in a book. Maybe he can help.

"Sir!" I shout as low as possible.

His attention is all placed on me. Damn, he's hot. Why is he reading a science book though?

"Yes?" He responds. His voice! Oh my. Keep it together Carie.

"I was just wondering if you could help me find Grey's Anatomy."

A smile forms on his face. "I'm reading it at the moment."

"Hah." I sound as I climb down the ladder. "Is it okay if I could borrow it whenever you're finished"

"I might not be for now." He confesses as he flips pages.

Great. My essay is due in three hours and I don't even have a title. I start walking away.

"Is it a matter of urgency?" He inquires.

I bite my lip. His voice! "Yes, a lot." I say spinning around on my heel.

He sighs and then looks up. "If it's no problem, I could help you. That is, if you're completely over what your mother said about strangers." He smirks.

I roll my eyes. "Yes, please."

He gestures his hand to a table. A gentleman huh? We sit and I sigh as I stare down at my blank folder leaf.

"What's the paper for?" He inquires lifting his right eyebrow.

"I have a thousand word essay to write on the usefulness of the skeleton."

He chuckles under his breath. "Well, let's get started."

He checks the index for the skeleton and quickly flips to the page. His finger slides across the page smoothly as he reads the information.

"Reliable enough?" I tease.

He shakes his head and responds. "Enough."

"Found anything?" I inquire.

"Well, a diagram is here, have a definition and some uses. Just to expound about now."

He was quite smart in how he spoke. "Out of curiosity," I begin. "Why are you here?"

He fixes his glasses. Ray Bandz, interesting. "It's fun." He speaks.

"Um, the library?" Who has fun at the library.

"I know, it sounds weird." He
mumbles. "I honestly love reading and discovering new things."

"Someone as sexy as you?" I whisper to myself.

"What did you say?" He asked curiously.

"Nothing." I quickly mutter.

He raises his head from looking in the book. "Ready to start writing?"

I nod and we commence. We sat for a couple hours, and finally we were done.

"Thanks so much!" I squeal.

He smiles, "No problem. By the way, I didn't get your name.

"I'm Carie, you?"

"Alexander. Nice to meet you." He says and we exchange a handshake.

His hair, his lips, his EYES. "We should hang sometime." I suggest.

"Why not. Do you have a Facebook?"

"Yeah, Carie Blake. C-A-R-I-E, Blake."

He writes it down. "Expect a text later, Carie." He winks at me and I blush.

"I have to go. Thanks again. Means a lot." I smile and he nods.

I gather my things and leave. I practically ran halfway across campus to get this stupid essay to my lecturer. He was quite a strict person when it came to assignments.

Is that him!? No, no, no, not today! He was getting into his shiny black BMW, about to drive off.

"MR. COOOOOPER!" I shout.

He looks at me startled as I run in his direction. In no time I was at the hood of his car, panting.

"I'm sorry I'm so late. Here's the essay." I say handing it to him in a folder. He starts laughing and I become puzzled. "Why are you laughing?"

He stops and speaks. "I said next Tuesday. Weren't you listening? Or were you deeply engrossed in a text from your boyfriend?"

He can be such a female dog sometimes. "With all due respect Mr. Cooper, I don't have a boyfriend because of men like you and if you may, here's my essay."

His eyes widen and he clears his throat. "No need for the sass Ms. Blake, it was just a mere joke and thank-you. Have a nice day."

He takes the folder and gets in his car. I turn around and walk back to my dorm. My roommate, Alexis was sitting in her bed watching a documentary on porn.

"Hey kiddo." She says, her focus still placed on the video.

I let out an exasperating sigh and collapse on my bed. "Hey." All I could hear was moaning and groaning. Then all of a sudden, chains and whips. "Why are you so fascinated with porn?"

She pauses the video and looks at me in awe. "Hunny, it's a way of life. Too bad you wouldn't understand."

I hiss my teeth at her irrelevant statement and attempt to sleep. All I could hear was screaming. "F.ck me daddy! Oooo, yes, right there. Your d.ck is so big."

I screwed my face in disgust. "Alexis, please could you put in some headphones?"

She did as I asked and I was at peace again. The whole idea of sex scared me. Just thinking of it made my body shudder. It also reminded me of Alexander. Why hasn't he texted? Eh, oh well.

I cover myself with my blanket and instantly fall asleep.

The week flew by quickly. I was quite thankful for the weekend as it was well needed.

Alexis stormed into the dorm with a bunch of party adverts.

"There's a party on campus tomorrow night, you in?"

I look in the mirror then back at her. "You're asking me?"

"Yes, silly! My brother Alexander is hosting along with some of his cool nerd friends."

"Alexander?" I mumble. "How does he look?"

"He's tall... Um, he has dark brown hair
and he wears glasses. That's basically all I remember." She laughs.

"He's your brother! How could you not remember how he looks?"

"Eh, you coming?" She asks with furrowed eyebrows.

"Sure."

"Okay good, get dressed now." She demands." We're going shopping."

I had no other choice but to comply.