Chapter 4

We arrived at the food shack at the same time as I had managed to catch up to Alexander.

"Carie, breakfast is on me. What would you like?"

"No, it's okay. I'll buy my own."

"Carie, what would you like?"

"Fine." I looked up at the menu. "I'll take two waffles with syrup and whipped cream and an orange juice, please."

"Alright, sure." He then turned to the cashier and ordered our meals. "Could you save a table at the window for us please, Carie?"

"Why do you say my name so much?"

He sighed. "Please could..."

Before he could continue, I did as he told me. Minutes later he came with two platters of food.

The way his long sleeved shirt hugged his muscles made my body feel warm.

He handed me my platter and then sat opposite of me. "I have a question for you, Carie. Why do you question me so much?"

His dark brown eyes were gazing into mine. I felt like smiling but there was seriousness in his tone and his face. "It's something I've grown accustomed to."

"It's annoying." He bluntly said as he sipped his coffee.

My eyes widened in shame. "Well I'm sorry for being myself."

"Listen, I'm just expressing my opinion. It's not fact so no need to feel offended. Okay? Eat your food before it gets cold."

Wait. Does he think he's my father or something? Who gave him the right to treat me like some child. "Listen Alexander, I just want you to understand that I'm 21. I'm not a puppy nor am I a child. So please..." I trailed

"Okay, okay." He said annoyed. "Let's play 20 questions starting with you. 1, When's your birthday?"

"October 13."

"2. Boyfriends?"

"I've had 3. Worst times of my life."

He looked at me awkwardly. "You had three boyfriends?" He asked placing emphasis on 'three'.

"Yeah, why'd you say it like that?"

He laughed. "I just think it's impossible."

I stared at him in complete silence as I regained my composure. "Why are you so judgmental?"

"Get used to it, cupcake." He said running his hand through his knotted hair.

"You're really starting to disgust me..." I said and walked out of the restaurant.

Walking back to the campus angry was enough but having being chased by a Rottweiler was even worse. Alexander didn't even have the decency to come and apologize to me. Forget him.

Throughout the day I stayed in my dorm until it was time for my Chemistry class. I had freshened up and gathered my necessary materials for the class.

On my way, I spotted Alexander leaning on a tree flirting with a cheerleader. Typical pretty boy, eh?

I walked past him, my head held high and my auburn hair flowing behind me. From the corner of my eye I could see him turning my way but I payed no attention to him.

Class was beautiful. We did some electroplating and learned about the anodizing of Aluminum.

Before the day ended, I went to a park just outside campus to buy some ice cream. On returning there stood Alexander. Like he was waiting for me or something.