Prologue

SSU was calling me and so was my mother. The alarm on my phone went off, 7:18 AM. Using what strength I had, I rushed to the bathroom and got dressed for the big day.

It was the first day of college. A lump in my throat started to form. What is this feeling?

I took a last glance at my room where I had spent nearly half of my life in. It was now time to depart from it and find a new, sadly one I'd have to share.

Breakfast was quick, and unnerving. I never knew moving 45 minutes from home would feel like this. Anyway, I said my last goodbyes to my Aunt, my sister and brothers. It wasn't as sad as I thought it would have been. On the other hand, my dear mother was on the verge of crying.

The van had been loaded from the day before so leaving wasn't a hassle. My mother and I boarded the van and headed on the 1A from Boston to Salem.

What took a 40 minute drive, felt like an hour. The atmosphere was full of excited students who were ready for a semester of endless fun. All the freshmen who were boarding were gathered under a tent and those who were just there for orientation stood all around embracing the new environment.

"New comers who are boarding, over here please!" A lady sounded from a teleprompter.

I looked at my mother, who was now holding onto a tear that was falling from her eye.

"That's my cue. Mom, please don't cry. I'll be back for Christmas, don't worry." I hugged her.

"Look at you at 19 years old. I'm just so happy and sad to see you go. Please be good. If you need anything call me, okay?" She said squeezing me.

I sighed. "I will Mom, don't worry."

Before bidding our last farewells, I retrieved my luggage from the van.

"Do you have everything? Birth certificate, bank receipts, condoms?" She inquired jokingly.

I chuckled for a bit, "Yes, just not the condoms. There won't be the need for any."

"Honey, please protect yourself. I know how you kids get. I wish I could've gotten to meet your roommate." She rubbed my head and kissed my forehead.

"Last call for freshmen boarding!" The lady sounded again.

"Go, now!" She shouted. "I love you, baby."

"And I love you mom." I confess, hugging her once more.

Moments later, I was on my own. I took in the beautiful campus of Salem State University, thinking about what was to come. I snapped back to reality then quickly moved off to confirm my name for boarding.

"Hmm, room A13." I mumbled as I walked the corridors of Johnson Hall. "Ahah!"

Finally, I found it. After walking 3 floors, I finally found it. I wiggled the key in the door, turned the nob and it flew open.

"Hi, I'm Alexis." A beautiful blonde haired girl said as she gleamed at me.

****

Enjoy! Feel free to notify me if what said in the prologue doesn't match with the Chapters that follow. ❤️