Chapter 11

"Is this is a parent-teacher conference?" I hissed.

Mr. Cooper's eyes wrinkled at the sides as he shot me a grin. "No, I'm here to take your mother out."

I stood there, staring at him, with nothing to say but feeling the disgust plaster itself on my face. Throughout my years in University, I was never fond of him because of the way he always would make fun of me as my teacher.

My mother, at that moment, had returned from the washroom. "Oh." She paused. "I'll be out for a while darling, I want you to watch over the kids for me until I get back."

"Mom, its not like I have a choice." I said rolling my eyes.

She walked over to me and kissed me on my cheek. "I'll talk to you when I get back."

I nodded at her as she and Mr. Cooper left hand in hand out the door.

The rest of the evening was spent watching movies with Ethan, Ruth and Levi. It was around 9 P. M. when Mom had returned home.

"Carie! Come and help me with these groceries, please." She shouted from the front door.

Like a sloth, I made my way to her to find paper bags full of wine and ice-cream.

"For the "talk"?" I said smiling.

She nodded. "Yes, just pack these out. I'm going to change out of my clothes."

As soon as we both were finished, there we sat in the living room indulging in the Yellow Tail Moscato and Vanilla ice-cream mix.

"Mom, are you two dating?" I said with the spoon in my mouth.

She looked over at me, a bit anxious. "Yes."

"You do know he's one of my lecturers?"

"Hun, the world doesn't revolve around you, you know?" She rested her hand on mine and giggled. "If it makes you feel any better, let's talk about you then. What's up?"

She looked at me longingly. "Nothing really. Well, I wanted to ask a favor of you."

"Ok..." She said gesturing me to continue.

"Well, my friends wanted to go to New York for the New Year's and so they invited me but I have no money, which I would like some of from you, as well as your permission, despite the fact that I'm and adult but I'm in your house, because this is the first trip I'd take out of the state with friends since university and I'd really like to go, please?" I huffed.

"Lina, the only thing I heard was New York, friends and money." She shook her head. "I have to check my accounts and get back to you. When is it you guys plan to head there?"

"I honestly haven't planned anything with them, mainly Alexis." I said stuffing my mouth with ice cream. "I'll get back to you on everything but I just wanted to give you the heads up."

"Alexis?" She inquired scornfully.

"Mhm." .

"I really don't trust that girl."

I grew annoyed. "Mom, how she dresses or the company she keeps doesn't represent who she really is. I'm honestly tired of telling you this, Gosh!"

I always took what my mother said as gospel but at this time I was not going to let her judge based on the perceptions of how a young lady should exemplify herself.

"If you don't want to listen to what I say, that's fine. Just don't be surprised when I say 'I told you so'." She calmly said as she lifted herself before walking to the kitchen.

There I sat, all alone to my thoughts. They always say mother knows best yet it's not all the time that proverb, I guess I can say, is reality. Honestly, what is it that she sees that I don't? Yes, Alexis may hover around a crowd that I don't fit in and yes, she may not dress as appropriately as a young lady supposedly should and yes, she may have a few ways about her that most may not deem as attractive but in the three years that I've known her, she's never had me question her loyalty.

It was around 12 A.M. when I had finally made it to back to my room. My intention was to call Alexis to get information from her so I could start planning the trip.

"Hello!" An excited Alexis squealed over the phone.

"Hey! How have things been?"

"Great, great. What's up with you?"

"The same old." I paused. "I'm calling you to ask about the trip. When is it? How are we getting there..." I trailed off.

In the background I could hear a crowd of persons shout "Chug, chug, chug". Alexis snorted. "Sorry! Listen, I'll text you the details tomorrow. Love you, bye!"

Before I could respond, the phone line was cut off. The only thing I had left to do now was to get some shut eye.

**
His hand rested on my thigh as he kissed along the side of my neck, leaving small hickeys.

"If my mother finds you here she'll freak out." I whispered as soft moans escaped my breath.

"I came all this way for you, we have to make this work."

I blushed at his words and how the vibrations of his deep voice felt against my skin. We were sitting on my bed, in the absence of light.

His fingers made their way under my jeans skirt and to my underwear, shifting them to the side.

"You're ready for me, already?" He grinned as he slid one finger into. It was cold and long which made me wince with pleasure. The urge for more made me lay back, allowing him to continue, but deeper.

His fingers were haywire inside of me causing me to moan so hard that my mother could probably hear. His movements were smooth, and timed with the beating of my heart. It was when I had almost climaxed that he stopped. Soon, his tall, broad silhouette was standing over me. The movements of his hands and the unzipping of his jeans revealed what I was up for next.

________________________________
This chapter was kind of slow. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoyed. 😊Comment and Vote!

P.s. - Thank you for the sweet comments and support! ❤️