Decisions (Vixen)

I hadn't been able to sleep between the pain, the blood, and the stress sleep eluded me entirely. I stopped trying to count the wounds and after sitting motionless for long enough the only thing that continued to hurt was my tail bone, digging itself into the cement. The pain was terrible and ached up my entire spine but I'd rather be stiff than experience the pain I had before.
    What felt like days later, and maybe it was, I had finally fallen asleep with a growling stomach and crusty eyes. I only slept for a few short moments before being woken by the squeal of the makeshift door. I opened my eyes to a burning light, penetrating the endless darkness. I squeezed my eyes shut again and groaned. I was yanked off the floor making my body protest painfully, I groaned louder before being pushed into the hallway where more light burned into my eyes.
    I crouched on my hands and knees shaking like a leaf, bile coming up my throat though there was no food or even water to come out so instead I sat there dry heaving like a rabid animal.
      "The decision was made, there was a compromise. We will keep you alive and you will do as we say or else you will be thrown to the diseased."  The thought made me tremble harder than I was before. The old man glared at me with steely eyes and I could feel the hatred pouring from them. I nodded in response before they dragged me back to my cell. Once I was there I assumed the door would block out all light again but instead I saw a frail figure stand in the doorway. After a moment I realized it was the blonde girl with caramel skin, she entered the room with a bucket of something sloshing as well as a small cloth.
     She sat down with a grin and began scrubbing away the blood on my body, too scared and tired to move away I sat cautiously watching the girl. After a short time I began to notice the planes of her face, how her cheek bones were slightly hollowed, that she only had one dimple on her left cheek, I noticed freckles on her cheeks and forehead. She was gorgeous, but in a unique sort of way. Her nose was crooked and her eye lashes were short, but her smile was inviting. She scrubbed away at my face making me whimper, and checked all of my wrappings, just grinning away.
     "Why are you so happy?"  I asked in a grabled voice
    " I won. If nothing else, Anita lost."  She flashed me another grin, those icy eyes dancing once again. "I'll bring you dinner girl and let you rest. Tomorrow the real fun begins."