Shadows (Darian)

The first thing I did once I had arrived at the school was educate everyone in a hurry. I explained the explosions and the guns. I ran through the dim hallways shouting at everyone like mad, I had to tell the others. As it turned out we could not live forever and it was not us who found this information, rather the humans.
Still running through the halls I spotted a close pupil of mine who I knew could get everyone in one place and even gather those who were not near us.
"Leon! Thank god, I need eve-"
"Darian! Dear friend, where have you been? I thought for sure your adventure to the outside world wouldn't have lasted more than a few months!" Grinning Leon hugged me tightly.
"Leon this is imp-"
"Important indeed, we're low on teachers and we have so many more pupils! They will be so excited to see that-"
"Leon! This is beyond teaching and new comers! They have found a way to kill us! I need you to gather everyone at once!" Shocked and confused he nodded and ran down the hall faster than myself. I ignored the ache in my chest and ignored every thought of Lisa and made my way into the great room.
This room was the largest in the school and filled with chairs and tables of all shapes and sizes. The room was square but along the back of it the wall curved slightly to which a platform was connected high above the mismatched furniture. The platform itself appeared to be floating thirty feet above to get to the top I had to latch on to the edge of a few rocks and throw myself four or five feet at a time. I was soon at the top watching the other 'Pires fill the room curiously. Soon they were all yammering away and I listened to the many conversations taking place.
"-must be a lost one if he thinks something can defeat us."
Arrogant scum. I thought to myself.
"Leon seemed very serious-"
"-but we would have known if someone had found a way to kill us. Right?"
You are right to be afraid. We should all be afriad, it can't be long before they kill those left up top.
I continued to listen to different thoughts on the idea of us no longer being invincible. I listened for quite sometime feeling the uneasiness grow within the large room, arguments growing as well. Those who didn't and would not believe it and those who didn't want to.
"That's enough!" My voice echoed through out the room. I was surprised at how clear and loud it came out, I had been expecting it to be scratchy and weak.
"My name is Darian, I am one of the founders of this safe haven and I am here to tell you that it is true. The humans have developed a weapon which can destroy us." Muttering broke into screaming and shouting. Anger and unease but Leon was soon at my side shouting at them as well. And with that I began to tell them all about the bombings. Avoiding the topic of my lover, ending with the description of the gun and how it blew away my arm. Which had only recently completely recovered.
By the time I was done the room was silent and I was becoming more withdrawn, wanting only to sleep for ages.
"Leon I have had a long day and I would like to recover before dealing with new arrivals. I trust you can hold down the fort while I rest?" Before he could respond I stepped off of the platform and landed heavily on my feet. Feeling separated from myself somehow I moved through the crowd of staring eyes and heard Leon faintly through my cotton filled mind. He was giving orders to find those who were not safe.
It took me a long time to bring myself to my old chambers. The room itself was not very large and had a small but comfortable bed with a cherry writing desk and a wall of books. I removed my clothes which had finally dried after my long swim and fell onto my bed. Feeling empty and alone without anyone to share it with. Without Lisa to share it with. Too exhausted to deny sleep I fell into nightmares with my love's glowing face now devoid of color. It was terrifying having her so close and yet so far, and it was just as disorienting to know what color was without seeing it. Seeing her without color was one of the most awful experiences I had ever had and I spent the entire night unable to leave the nightmare.
When I woke again I was sweating and searching for her, only to find a colorless bedspread and a longing to painful to describe.