Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Darkness resides

Well, as you can tell, that was not me doing those things. I was under the influence of Haze, the demon of darkness. Everything else will be explained right now, back to the story. As I begin to stir from my rather forceful (thank you Brandon. OUCH that's my foot a-hole) slumber I realize that I am tied to a chair by many cords of rope.

"Morning sleepy head." I look around to see Hannah in normal cloths boiling water on a stove; placing tea bags (yes we have tea here as well) into the water.

"Hannah, are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine." She turns to give me my mug but stops when she remembers I'm tied up.

"It okay," I say And lift the mug from her hand with my powers. I see the bandages on her throat and the make shift cast on her hand. "What did I do to you," I ask as the mug tips itself allowing me to drink.

"It's nothing, you didn't do anything; Haze did," she stats sipping her tea as steam rises from the liquid.

"What is he; where did he come from?"

"He has always been there; he is an alter ego so to speak; your secrets, desires, and murderous tendencies. Think of him as the little red man standing on your shoulder fighting with your better judgment."

"Hannah can you please untie me?"

"Not until we can be sure, your little rampage won't happen again," Ezekiel says walking into the room. He wore normal cloths as well, a black t-shirt with blue jeans with no shoes or socks (yes, many of our clothing fashions were based off human's). Hannah wore a white tank top and bright orange short shorts and baby blue high top shoes.

"Come on, I'm fine, the only reason he got to me is because he lied about Mom being dead; I don't even know why I believed him," I say trying to gesture with my hands but couldn't.

"You believed him because you couldn't feel your mother; your mother passed down some of her feeling abilities to you and they were heightened by the foresightest powers of your father," Hannah says looking down at the ground.

"Well, I don't believe him anymore; I know for a fact that my mother is alive and well; awaiting my return." I look at the two of them hopeful that they will untie me and frown as they won't meet my eyes. "Mom is alive, right?" Tears begin to trickle down Hannah's face at my words.

"Nicolas...," she stops. The realization hits me and I can feel the hot tears gather in my eyes. I look at the ground as the tears begin to fall, one by one.

"I won't be seeing my mother again, will I," I ask, my voice cracking in agony?

"No...," Hannah whispers.

"She's dead and you DIDN'T TELL ME," I yell at the top of my lungs as the shadows in the room seem to lengthen at my words.

"Nick, Diana died protecting one final gift from your father, which she succeeded in doing; she didn't die in vain," Ezekiel says trying to comfort me.

"You BASTARD, how DARE YOU even utter HER NAME!"

"Nicolas, calm down," Hannah says.

"No you sick sadistic thing," I yell as the ropes loosen their grip on me as I begin to untie them with my powers. Kenzie comes running into the room as I break from my binds and drown the room is darkness. (I could do this because I was tapping into the raw power of Haze, but I was still in control sadly) I could see Hannah as she seemed to glow with a gentle white light. Just as I go to strangle her I feel a hand grab mine. I turn to see the face of Kenzie as electricity arced around her hand.