Chapter 2

Chapter two

Discovery

That’s what she always said. You’re just a late bloomer honey.

“Mom, what if my flower has died? What if I’m not supposed to bloom, what if I'm a powerless freak,” I ask?

“Do not say that, just because your father was powerless, doesn’t mean you will be as well."

“How do you know that?"

“I know it because my mother was a feeler; I inherited some of her abilities, such as sensing power."

“Then when? When will my powers surface,” I yell throwing my hands in the air? There was a crash in the living room at the wave of my hand. “Who’s out there,” I yell remembering that I hadn’t closed the front door? There was no answer. “Stay here Mom,” I say grabbing the broom and removing the head. I may not have any powers but I am good with a staff. “I said who’s out there,” I yell! As I enter the living room, no one was there. A vase was broken, but nothing was stolen. “Mom, its ok; bring the broom head please,” I say closing the front door.

“What happened, I can feel energy. But I don’t recognize it,” Mom says walking into the living room.

“So your saying that someone used their powers here?"

“Yeah I mean, that’s the only way they could have come in quietly, and got out quietly."

“They must not use their powers that much if you can’t recognize it,” I say replacing the head of the broom sweeping the broken vase into the dust pan. There was a knock at the door as I finished cleaning up the mess. “I got it,” I say. I walk to the mahogany door and twist the silver knob. As I open the door a man enters my vision and smiles. It our neighbor Robert, he always seemed strange to me.

“Hi, I thought I heard yelling,” he says, “everything ok?”

“Yes Robert, thank you." Mom begins to clse the door.

“Please Diana, call me Robbie,” he says winking at Mom. I mentally gag at the hint. I see Mom smile. How can she like him, I wonder, he’s so ugly. “Well, I just wanted to check on you two,” he says, “make sure everything’s ok.” He begins to walk away as Mom begins to shut the door.

“Wait, Robert; I want to ask you something,” I yell after him.

“Yeah?" I run into the front lawn of green fresh cut grass (cut by me, because I am the only man in the house) and take Robert out of ear shot.

“Look, stay away from my mom you pompous pig, she deserves way better than you."

“Kid, I am all your mother could ever ask for, I am the perfect man,” he says smirking. I growl at him angrily. “So stay out of my way runt; you have no powers, while I do,” he says summoning a fireball in his hand. I wished I could just stick my knee right between his legs, very hard.

“Go to hell you potbellied poor excuse for life,” I say walking away. I smile knowing I had gone for the jugular with that insult. Robert yells and throws the flame at me at full speed.  I move the the right and spin. The fireball was heading towards Mom. I gasped and stuck out my hand. The fireball stopped in mid-air. I see Mom mouth the words “I knew it.”

“What the hell,” Robert asked? I was surprised myself. I was a telekinetic.

“Now, what were you saying about me not having powers,” I ask bringing the fireball back to my side? I look at Robert, his mouth still a gape. I smile. “Well, looks like you were wrong, you can use your powers on me; but now I can send them right BACK,” I yell and hurl the fireball back at him with such speed, it was almost invisible the the eye! He rolls to the side as the fireball barely misses his head. “Now, leave my mother and me alone, never step foot on our lawn; or next time I won’t miss,” I threaten! He gets to his feet and dashes for his home. As he runs into the house I slam the door with my new found powers. I walk back to the front door of my house and close the door as Mom runs into the kitchen. “Mom, what are you looking for,” I ask walking into the kitchen? She was looking through the cabinets and draws.