Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The training ground

“Who said that,” I yell?

 “Why me of course,” the voice says a wall lifts revealing a blonde man in a black business suit.

“Who are you?” He held a spear at his side and I instantly recognized him from the book. “You’re Azareus, god of fear,” I say. At my words he smiles and his eyes glow red.

“Well, no not really… I am merely a piece of him.” At his words I noticed two pieces of the spear he held were missing.

“What do you mean; the book never mentioned him having more than one piece,” Brandon asks clutching the book to his side (I hadn't seen it when they had come through the portal)

 “My name is Phobia, I am a piece or stage of fear; my bothers Paranoia and Nightmare are much stronger than me.”

 “The three stages of fear, Phobia is the weakest and easiest to get over while Nightmare is the strongest and hardest to forget,” I say.

 “Now you got it,” Phobia says as a plume of black smoke appeared behind him. The smoke formed into a man like figure and solidified. “Ahhh, hello brother Nightmare,” he says as the smoke clears leaving a man that looked just like Phobia. His eyes burned with the intent to kill as if he needed blood to live.

 “Who are these ingrates,” Nightmare asks turning his nose to us.

 “These are the three Supremes brother, the ones destined to kill us.”

 “Please, I could end them with a thought.”

 “Then do it,” I say walking forward. He looks at me hard and his eyes glow red. I feel his unseen power reach out and I repel it with my own.

 “So you are the telekinetic.”

 “Yes, and I can stop your powers from touching any one of us,” I say flicking my chin sending the unseen force back at him. He flies through the air propelled by his own power and the boost I had given it.

 “You insolent little insect,” he says angrily as he hits the wall and slams to the ground.

 “Learn how one works before you attack,” Phobia says. His eyes begin to glow red and he sends blast after blast of unseen energy at me. It felt like I was battling an invisible war against something only I could see. I realized I had played into their plan; they wanted a show of how well I knew my powers before they began their full frontal attack. I looked at Kenzie and Brandon. They walk to my side and begin to chant.

 “We are the power of three, we are the power to be,” we say in harmony. We repeat the mantra over and over as the triple yin-yang forms in front of my telekinetic shield. I lower my defenses as the symbol of power pushes back the invading powers.

 “You forgot one thing about the three.”

 “They are stronger together.”

 “And here all three of us will stand and fight!” The symbol is now in their face. I can tell they can feel the power radiating from it (because I could).

“Our power drives from light, and light is infinite,” we say as the yin-yang explodes send the two beings into an abyss of fire.

 “Fear is infinite as well children,” Phobia says as he is sucked into the fire. Two very distinct plumes of smoke rise from the flames and escape through the newly formed cracks on the metallic ceiling as the fire clears.

 “They escaped,” I say stomping my foot.

 “It’s ok, they know what we can do now,” Kenzie says patting my shoulder. I look at the wall Phobia had come from. It was still raised and showing a grand room filled to the brim with training equipment for each of our abilities.