Chapter 5

Isabella's POV.

I walked quietly through my front door, locking it behind me. My mom was at the table, eating a carton of ice cream. I felt bad for her, the only people i truly cared about is my parents. I walked over and sat next to her. Tears stained her cheeks as she took another bite of chocolate ice cream.

"Mom? Are you alright?" i asked rubbing her back. She nodded but then quickly shook her head.

"Your dad... H-he hasn't come back yet. I knew something was up." she sighed.

My dad usually came home on time, but now he was coming home later and later. He claimed he cared about us and i actually believed him. He was kind and loving to both of us. And we were a happy family. But now he was breaking us apart. My mom always caught him eyeing this lady at his work and knew he was cheating.

"I can't believe he would do this." i scoffed.

"I-i know dear... We just h-have to hope for the best." she sobbed. I shook my head, angry tears building up.

"Ugh! I try to live a good life and something has to ruin it!" i yelled throwing my journal down on the table.

My mother gripped my arm. "Sweety- we can't be too rash about this! I mean we could be wrong!" she exclaimed.

"But- whatever. I swear if he is... We're gonna have a big problem." i hissed and charged up to my room.

I slammed the door behind me and laid down on my bed, staring at the ceiling. How could this happen to me? I thought. I sat up and grabbed a gray hoodie, pulling it over my head. I slid open my window and climbed out onto the roof. I laid back and stared at the stars. Then i felt a slap and pinch against my arm. I hissed and saw a pebble next to me. Then another one hit my leg. I peeked over to edge of my roof and a pebble hit my for head. I fell foward and forgot how to scream. I inhaled sharply and fell for a second, but was caught in someone's strong arms. I had clamped my eyes shut and felt the after-shock-scream coming on. I jumped out of the person's arms and yelled, falling backwards on my butt.

"Whoa take it easy there!" they said.

I stood up and gripped my hair. "What the HELL?" i yelled. I looked up and saw Dallas walking towards me slowly- as if i was a wild animal. Which i tend to act like.

"Sorry you fell-"

"Its all your FAULT!" i squeaked still in shock.

Dallas pulled me into a hug as i still gripped my hair. I never hugged anyone but my parents. I got over the shock and pushed back from Dallas. He looked slightly ashamed yet amused at the same time.

"I'm sorry." he said. I cocked an eyebrow.

"I'm alright. Better hope there's no bruise." i shot.

Dally's POV.

It got boring over at the Bucks and the Curtis house so i walked to izzy's house. I do have my ways of knowing where she lives. I picked up some pebbles and started tossing them at her window, like some sort of dirty Romeo. She peeked over the edge of the roof and i accidentally let my last pebble fly at her for head. She hissed and fell foward- not screaming though. I rushed under her and caught her in my arms. She clamped her eyes shut. Then she fell out of my arms and screamed. She fell back on her butt.

"Whoa take it easy there!" i said approaching her slowly.

She quickly scrambled to her feet and gripped her long dark hair. "What the HELL?!" she yelled at me.

"Sorry you fell-"

"Its all your FAULT!" she squeaked, probably still in shock.

I quickly pulled her into a hug and laid my chin on her nest of hair. She relaxed and pulled back away from me.

"I'm sorry." i said.

She cocked an eyebrow. "I'm alright. Better hope there's no bruise." she shot.

I brushed the hair out of her face and looked at her for head. There was only a small red mark. I gently brushed my finger along it. She winced and looked me in the eyes. I leaned down slowly.

"There's a... Nothing... There..." i whispered closing the gap but she stopped. She looked down.

"I uh... Wanna get a drink?" she asked.

I nodded, disappointed she didn't want to kiss me.

"Sure..." i said stepping back. She shook her head and looked back up at me, worried yet angry look on her face.

"You shouldn't be on this side of town. They have as much a right to jump you right here, right now as you do if they were on your side." she said.

I shrugged. "I'm Dallas Winston... What could happen?" i smirked. She rolled her eyes.

"Smartass." she mumbled before heading down the street in front of me.