Chapter 7

Dally's POV.

I had to pry isabella off Sylvia. God it was hot when she was angry but she was killing Sylvia. I set her down and faced her towards me.

"Look- you beat her enough alright!" i yelled unintentionally. That pissed her off. Oops.

She growled and punched me, in the nose too. It hurt. I stumbled back, holding my bleeding nose.

"Hurts like a bitch doesn't it?" she hissed and chukcled. I glared at her. Then she ran off.

"Wow." i said wiping blood on my jeans.

I quickly walked to the Curtis house and pushed through the door. I went to the bathroom and grabbed a cloth, soaking it in running water and holding it against my nose. Darry and steve walked in.

"What happened to you?" darry asked.

"Izzy. She's what happened." i sighed.

"And you're nose." steve said. I looked in the mirror. It wasn't that bad- not broken.

"Ya it's huge like yours so shut up." i shot. Steve scowled and walked out.

"What happened?" darry asked.

"She saw sylvia. They started fighting and i broke it up man. I dunno who started it - probably sylv. But man, can izzy punch." i explained.

"Wow." darry said walking out.

I shook my head. I still liked her. Maybe even lo- nope. No i didn't. I just met her in a sence. But still... It was something about her man. But then i though back to what happened in town. I watched her double over in pain. I didn't even help. Now she probably hates me. GOOD GOING WINSTON! I yelled in my head.

Isabella's POV.

I walked out into my living room and sat on the couch. Maybe i should go out. Enjoy myself. I only have 2 weeks until i become a total bitch. I walked back up to my room and changed into ripped denim jeans, a white tshirt, and a light, gray hoodie. I went into my bathroom and put my hair into a high ponytail and added light make up to cover my bruise. I did a duck face for fun and walked out. My duck face isn't those pretty girly ones though. It's the ugly, im-a-weird-bitch duck face. Coz i am! I walked out of my room, closing the door behind me and stopped in the hall. I heard more mumbles and chuckles. Then the occasional moan. My parents were gross. But at least they're happy.

"I'm going out!" i called and raced downstairs.

I grabbed an apple and walked outside. I took a bite but then spit it out as my stomach suddenly hurt. I doubled over and i knew it was that time of the month. I stomped back inside and slid a pad on. Then i stuck two more in my hoodie pockets. They weren't able to be seen and even if they were- I'd slap someone with them if it came to it.

I finally walked outside again, still cramping but i felt more safe now. I skipped down the street and into town like an idiot or a two year old getting an ice cream cone. Which i actually am getting. I walked up to an ice cream cart. Jarred was there today. He smiled kindly. I was nice to him. He was one of my favorite people. Coz we were so alike. He's 21 with dirty blonde hair, glassy blue eyes, and freckled pale skin. Slightly tanned from the summer.

"Two scoops of chocolate." i said handing him 2 dollars. He folded my fingers over them.

"Keep it. It's on me." he insisted.

"Jared... You're not making any money like this." i sighed taking my cone from his other hand. He smiled, flashing his perfect teeth.

"I only do this for you." he said.

"Ugh- you're so stubborn." i teased smiling brightly. He made me happy. Unlike everyone else. I turned to leave but stopped. I turned on my heel. "Thank you." i said walking away, as Jared's jaw dropped slightly. I never said thank you.

I walked down to the pawn shop to say hi and see if i could help out. Wait what? WHAT DID I JUST THINK?? I walked inside taking a lick of my chocolate ice cream. No one was here. I looked around a bit. No one. I walked back out and saw Dallas with his friends across the street. I was still mad at him so i ignored them and walked the opposite way down my side of the street.

"Hey izzy!" someone called. Oh God...

"Izzy!" they called again. I turned and saw Dallas waving me over. I flipped him off and frowned, walking back down the street. I finished my ice cream and flicked my trash on the sidewalk.

I walked around the corner to the library. Walking inside i could smell the books. They had that... How to describe it... Smell. **grins widely and fakely** I walked inside and went to the fantasy section. I loved books. I never told anyone but i did. I love mystery and adventure, and fantasy. Sometimes you can't find what you want in a movie. You have to read it. And i love losing myself in the very print and plot of the story. As if i was there- Fighting dragons or finding out who stole the castle jewls. Coz sometimes... A fantasy is better then reality. And now... A fantasy would be a whole lot better then what im going through.