Key To My Heart- Chapter Five...Surprises aren't always great.

"Hmm...what to wear." I sighed as I threw some formal clothes out of my suitcase and onto the bed. It was birthday today and I was going out to have dinner with my mom. We hardly spent time together so tonight was the time for us to catch up on things.

"Hey Aubrey. I've already got your outfit ready." Cristine called.

"What?"

I spun round and stared at her.

"Here, we knew that you'd be late in organizing your outfit...so we picked it out for you." Cristine chuckled.

I got up and walked towards her. She held out my blue cocktail dress while Haylee held out my black pumps.

"Whoa! I'm just going out for dinner with my mom, not clubbing." I laughed.

Victoria looked up from her magazine, "It's your birthday, Aubrey. And you're 15. It's not everyday you turn 15."

I raised my brow at her smirking.

"And what would you know about fashion?" I questioned.

"Hey! I know everything about fashion, boys and love." Victoria chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and walked over to Haylee and Cristine.

"Fine! I'll wear this! But when I get back...I want my presents." I hissed.

Cristine, Haylee and Victoria all grinned stupidly. I raised my brow at them suspiciously, "What's with the grins?" I asked.

"Nothing! Nothing!" Haylee sang.

"Do I look alright?"

I walked out of the bathroom. Victoria, Haylee and Cristine all gasped at the sight of me. I stepped back as Cristine ran over to me.

"You look so pretty!" She squealed.

Cristine wrapped her arms around me tightly and squeezed me half to death.

"Hey! Cristine! Let the girl breathe." Haylee laughed.

Cristine let go of me, "You look so amazing! I could be a fashion designer when I grow up." She sighed.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah!" I laughed ruffling her hair.

I walked over to the vanity table and sat down.

"Where are you and your mom going for dinner?" Victoria asked.

I shrugged and brushed my hair. I didn't actually know where we were going but I was sure that my mother would choose a great place.

"So how's Hogwarts?" My mother asked as she put her spoon down.

I sighed and pulled a strand of hair from my face. I missed talking to my mom like this...talking about normal things.

"Okay...the classes are great and that but you know me. My ADHD makes everything worse." I mumbled.

My mother smiled at me encouragingly.

"Just be positive, okay?"

I smiled at her warmly.

"Thanks mom." I sighed.

My mother raised her brow at me.

"For what?"

"For everything...for spending time with me and for supporting me."

She just smiled and patted my shoulder.

"You don't need to thank me. I'd gladly spend time and support you."

Today was special to me. Not just because it was my birthday, but because I got a chance to be with my mom. I hardly spent time with my mother. She was always busy with the duties of being a headmistress. Some days, I would just get to say a quick "hello" or "goodbye" to her and on some days, I wouldn't even see her at all.