Prolouge: Arrangements

Pics of Eva and Jackson at the top ^.^
Eva's played by Lily Collins
Jackson's played by Henry Cavill

[UNEDITED]

Jackson Rutherford
*************************

Athens, Greece

Rutherford Enterprises

I stormed though the large doors of my father's floor at our company building, my blood boiling with anger. How could he do this to me!? Who does he think he is to have the right to do this!?

I walk pass the reception area, employees greet me but I ignore them. I was too focused on going to my father then saying hello to the people who work for my family. The people who work for me.

As I'm about to open the door to my father's office, when Claire, my father's assistant, tries to stop me.

"Sir, you aren't allowed to go in there. You're father is talking to someone." She says, but I ignore her and don't even glance at her, I just pull the door open and barge in.

My father was sitting behind his desk and the my grandfather was sitting on a chair near the desk. My anger stopped for a beat, why was my grandfather here?

"Jackson." My father, Mason Rutherford, greeted me. "What are you doing here?" He raised an eyebrow at me, his blue eyes confused. My grandfather looked at my direction and smiled at me.

"Ah, my boy, it's good to see you. How are you?" He ask. Even at the age of seventy my grandfather, Vaughn Rutherford, still looked young enough to be considered as a man in his early fifties.

"Hello, grandfather." I walk over to him and hold out my hand to him. He grabs my hand and gives me a firm handshake. I try to ease my anger for my grandfather's sake. "I've had better days."

As I said those words I gave my father an icy glare. He gave me a confused look, but I knew that he knew what he's done.

"I came here because I wanted to talk about this." I pulled out my phone and slammed it on my father's desk. "This! What the fuck is this?!" I said pointing at the screen.

My father grabs the phone and reads the article I've saved. I waited for an answer but when he was done he simple placed my phone on the desk.

"What Jackson? Do you think I did it?" He said calmly, not even shaken by my sudden out burst.

"Yes." I said simply. "Who else?"

"Me." My grandfather said holding my phone in his hand.

"What?!" My head was spinning, I run a hand through my hair. Why the fuck did my grandfather want me to marry a spoiled heiress who've I've never met? "Why?" I demanded.

"My God my boy, you sound like a little girl." He said standing up from his chair. "Your father hasn't told you yet hasn't he?"

I remained silent and stood still. What was going on?

"I-" My father begins but my grandfather cuts him off before he could continue.

"You are going to marry this girl because this company is going to get bankrupt. We need her to get her family's money. You have no choice, you have to marry her, wether you like it or not." He said in a firm voice. "You have to do this for the company."

I remain quite for a while, letting everything I've just heard sink in.

"But-" I try to say but my grandfather stops me.

"You have no choice." He said firmly. "If you don't do this, our family's billion dollar empire will go to ruins, just because you're too picky with a girl you would have to marry."

On the outside I remained quite, but on the inside I felt my anger and confusion rage on.

"What if I don't want to get married to this girl?" I said through clenched teeth.

"Then you've just destroyed not just our family's legacy but also yourself." My grandfather said to me while handing me my phone. I took it and stared at the screen, it still had the article I showed them.

My father just sat behind his desk and watched me, his son, his only son, be quite and stand still while my grandfather force me into a marriage which I never knew of, a marriage I've never agreed too. My head was spinning. I need a drink.

"Jackson, you just have to marry this girl." My father said. "It doesn't mean you'd need to love her. You'll just have to marry her. That's all."

I glared at him, I was still holding my phone in my hand and as he said those words my grip around it tightened. I was mad at my father, I was angry at my grandfather, but most of all I was furious at the world.

"Okay. I'll marry her." I said. I had to agree, because even if I was furious at my father and grandfather I loved the company. The company was something my ancestors worked on for generation to generation, I have no choice but to marry this girl if I didn't want my family's hard work to go to waste.

"But just know this, I will never love her and I can't promise to be faithful to her." I said icily.

My father and grandfather smirked at me like what I just said was some kind of a joke.

"Just like what your father said my boy, you don't need to love her, you just have to marry her." My grandfather said. "Marrying someone doesn't immediately mean that you love that person, remember that my boy.

Just like that, I was already engaged to someone I've never met. Just great. Just fucking great.

My grandfather told us that he had to take go because he had something important to do back at France. My father escorted him out and I was left alone in the room. I was still standing, anger coursed through my veins, and before I knew it I threw my phone on the wall at farthest corner of the office. My phone shattered and I didn't give a fuck.

I was now engaged.

Just my fucking luck.

********************

This is my first story, after a very long time. *laughs*

I hope you guys and gals reading this (if there are any) would support my story and I hope you guys and gals liked it :)