Calling All Cars: L x Reader *Songfic*

For this fanfic, you're going to need a nickname (n/n), and a real name (y/n).

"Where's the Shiniga-"

B-bump.

I felt it, the world shattering sensation of my heart stopping. Damn. Kira got me. What will Roger tell Mello? He'll surely be upset. I never chose a successor. That means it'll go to Near. Damnit. Who knows what he'll do? What he'll think? More importantly, what will she think?

People always talk about regrets. They say that they want to die without them. I think I understand now. (N/n).....

Calling all cars we've got another victim

Because my love has become an affliction

What did you expect from me?

I remember the day we first met. We were ten years old, and she had just come to Wammy's House the week before. She didn't like people very much, and she wouldn't talk to anyone. I never knew why.

Out of curiosity, I approached her one day. I remember it like it was yesterday.

"Hey," I had said. She hasn't answered at first, so I poked her until she spoke.

"What?" She had growled. She seemed angry.

"What's your name?"

"(N/n)," was all she said.

"(N/n)? Why did you choose that?"

"Because I did. Got a problem with it?" I remember seeing how angry she was. I didn't get it.

"No. I was just curious." She didn't reply after that, so I left.

The next day, she sat there again, just like she had everyday. I walked up to her.

"Hi." Unlike the day before, I wasn't nervous. I had been happy and confident.

"What do you want?" She seemed angry again. I still didn't know why.

"You looked lonely all by yourself. I thought I'd come and talk to you." That wasn't the entire truth, though. I was curious.

"Well don't. I don't want to talk to anyone." I was shocked. Why was she being so mean? I was trying to be nice.

"Why are you being so mean? I'm trying to be nice to you, but you always yell at me. That's not how you treat a friend." She seemed surprised by that. Her (e/c) eyes were wide, and her mouth hung open. I didn't know it at the time, but she didn't understand what it meant to have a friend.

"Come on," I had said, smiling and holding out my hand for her, "let's go outside and play."

We became best friends after that.

I'm sorry but I think I failed to mention

That I lied at my first confession

What did you expect from me?

I remember when I realized that I liked her. We were thirteen, and she had been pushed out a third story window. She wasn't breathing. I thought she was dead.

As it turned out, she only ended up with a sprained ankle and a mild concussion. I was so relieved. That day, I sat at her bedside, never once moving. She didn't know I was there; she was sleeping. I remember holding her hand and thinking. I thought about what I would do if she really had died. That was when I realized.