chapter 5: Fighting for Survival

Misaki POV

We walked out of the house because it was to dangerous to stay in it with only a swords and one pistol with low ammo. It was getting dark fast. I held Zen's hand tightly so I won't lose him. We had to stay near darkness so those things won't see us. "We need to find somewhere to stay." Tadashi said. We stopped around a corner in an ally way. "Its almost sunset." Moka said. There was a lot of zombies in the street. Ikuto looked around to find somewhere for us to go. "We can go through the back to get pass them." Ikuto whispered. I looked over to Zen to see that he was getting tired. "Ikuto his tired the night." I whispered to him. He looked at Zen and picked him up. He looked back at the zombies then back to me. "Here." He gave me Zen. "I'm going to clear a path and y'all follow behind me." We nodded. Ikuto keep out his sword and ran towards the first zombie cutting off his head while doing the same to the others in our path. We all followed behind him running. We finally got to the other side but we still had to run because more zombies started following us. I looked and saw that there was zombies coming the other way too. "We're trapped." Shana said in a soft low scared voice. I ran onto a poach and opened the back door. "In here!" I yelled. Then we all ran in. We locked the door and let out an sigh of relief. Ikuto went to take a look upstairs to see if it was all clear. Luckily we ran into an new house so no one was in it. It looked like they was just moving in with all these boxes on the floor and new furniture which some was covered in blood. I walked upstairs while Ikuto and Tadashi barricade the doors and windows. I lad Zen down on a bed and put him under the covers. I stand by him while he slept. Then Ikuto walked into the room. "How is he?" He asked. "He's good. Just need some sleep." "It seems like you do too." Ikuto kissed me on my forehead. I smiled. "Go ahead and go to sleep. I'll watch over us." I nodder and got in the bed with Zen. I pulled Zen into my arms and slept with him.

Ikuto POV

I watched as Misaki and Zen slept. I will keep them both safe even if I die at the end. I walked downstairs as all the lights was out. Some zombies was at the door trying to get in as others roamed the streets. I sat down on the couch as Tadashi walk downstairs too. He took a seat. "Do you think that we're going to make it?" "I really hope so." I answered worried about Misaki and Zen. "So you and Misaki hun." He smiled. "Yea we've been together for a long time. What about you?" "Well...I liked Misaki back in high school. I just had my best friend confess to me the same day Misaki confess to me. I was really happy when she did. I really wanted to be with Misaki but still have Moka to support me but.....it didn't work out like that. So I end up breaking Misaki's heart." Tadashi explained. "Oh...." I didn't really know what to say. We walked back upstairs to the rooms. Tadashi had Shana and Moka while I had Misaki and Zen. I got in the bed with them and slowly drift off to sleep.

---3 hours later---

It was a while before I heard the sound of something crashing. I can tell Zen and Misaki heard it too as they both was awake. We got out of bed as I grabbed my sword. I opened our room door only to be greeted by a zombie. How the fuck did they get in!!? Damn it!! I stabbed it through the head and rushed into the other room. Tadashi was fighting back the zombies that was coming while Shana was in the corner holding her arm. Shit! I ran my sword through their heads. "Where's Moka!?" Tadashi was still shocked. "I-I don't know! I woke up to someone bursting into our room and Moka was gone." I could tell Tadashi was still scared. I ran over to see that Shana. Most of her arm was missing like a whole mouth full. She was bitten. "No no no no no!! Shana you can't leave me!!" Misaki ran over to her in tears. Shana gave her a weak smile. "I'll be OK." "No you won't! Don't tell me lies!" Misaki yelled. Tears was running down her cheeks.

"Damn it!" I helped Tadashi finish off the last zombie. I went downstairs and into the living room. "Moka!?" No answer. Damn! Where the hell is she!? I ran into the kitchen and stop dead in my tracks....