Chapter 6: On the road again Part 1

Misaki POV

So here we are...back on our feet's. The sun is out and shining bright. "Ahhh!! Why does it have to be so hot today!!?" Moka said shielding her eyes from the sun. We all was sweating.

There would be a breeze once in a while. I sigh. "Onii-chun. I have to pee." Zen said. "Ikuto." I said with a little yawn.

"Yes." He stopped and looked. "Zen needs to pee. Take him by that tree." He nodded then took Zen's hand and headed next to the woods.

Moka took a moment and sat down on the street. "Ahh any longer and I'm going to die from a heatstroke. I hope we find them soon."

Ikuto and Zen came back. Zen ran back over to me and held my hand. "Gahhrrr!!" We all turned to see a zombie pinned to a tree. "We'll...at less it isn't walking towards us."

He looked like a woodsman. By the way he dressed. His whole bottom gaw was gone just leaving his tongue hanging out. His pants was riped and soaked in blood and his left leg was gone.

"Why did the world become like this?" I asked quietly. I couldn't stop looking at the once a living person now a walking corps. I felt a hand on my head. I looked up to see Ikuto looking at me with a smile. "Everything is going to be ok. We're still here for you. We're going to protect each other." I smiled. That really took some worry off my chest.

My new family.....

...

...

...

...

....We started walking. "Hey look!" Zen pointed at a car that was half off the road. "Good eye Zen." Ikuto smiled. We ran over to it.

Ikuto told us to stay a few feet away while he checked it. Tadashi stayed with us to keep safe.

Ikuto POV

I opened the drivers seat and a zombie was strapped in. The only thing it had was its upper half body. I feel bad for this undead person. I know that was painful. I took out my knife and stabbed its head as it tried to reach out for me. I unfasten the seat belt and tossed it out. I got in and looked at the back. There was only clothes but not much.

I looked around hoping to find the keys. I opened the arm table and found a picture.

It was a picture of her family. Two young sons and her husband. So it was a lady....this must be her family. Pour kids. I put the picture back and search around. Finally finding the keys under the seat.

I put the key in and turned it. Preying it'll work! Soon I heard the sweet sound of the engine starting. "Yes!" I got out and waved for them to come.

Misaki POV

We waited while Ikuto went to check out the car. I preyed it will. I can't stand walking for so long. I looked over to Tadashi and Moka.

Moka was looking around as Tadashi was keeping an look out. I looked over to Zen. "Zen!!" I picked him up as he was breathing hard. "Sweetheart! What's wrong!?" I put my hand on his forehead. "Sweetie your burning up!"

Moka and Tadashi came over. "What's wrong with him?" Moka asked. "He has a fever." I picked him up.

"Come on. Ikuto telling us to come." Tadashi said. We went over and got in the car.