Chapter 4 - Memories Can Last Forever

Phoebe

I open my eyes to my bedroom full of the bright sunshine from outside. I stretch on my king bed; it's so good to be home and I don't have to worry about anything. "Morning love," I jump at the sound of a voice and I pull the covers over me "morning Samuel."

"Would you like me to do anything while you get ready?"

"Um yeah will you, I mean can you make me a cup of tea please?" with a nod he leaves the room. I jump out of bed and run to the bathroom. Now stepping out of the now steaming bathroom I am fresh from my shower and from brushing my teeth. I throw on some clothes and I tie my silky smooth jet black hair up in a pony tail. I jog downstairs and I can't help but smile at the sight of Samuel making me a drink. He turns around and smiles back at me; he is so gorgeous, "what?" he asks me with a smirk. I shake my head at him. "What you want to do today as its the weekend?" he asks while handing me a drink. Before I think of where to go my mouth moved on its own "to the cape house," I take a big gulp of my tea, why have I said to go back to my old street. "And what's at the cape house?"

"It's where I used to live before we moved here. We moved here a year ago and on the year we had a car crash and that's when my parents died," Samuel walks over and wraps his arms around me, I lean into him "it should have been me," I mumble.

"Don't you ever say that again Phoebe," he says into my hair and he holds me tighter. With a sigh I relax into him more. We stand here for awhile. I don't want to move and it feels like Samuel doesn't too. With a sigh I pull away from him, "I think I remember the way to the cape house."

"It's OK I know my way anyway," he smiles a cocky smile and I hit him gently and I run up stairs. I garb my bag but the mirror stops me on my way out. "Do I look smart enough to see my friends again who I haven't seen in awhile?" I ask my reflection. I wait a little while and nothing happens or changes. What did I expected? My mirror self to talk. With I sigh I leave the room, "it will have to do," I mumble to myself as I take the steps two at a time. At the bottom my face collides with a hard chest, "oh sorry," I say as I tip my head back to look at Samuel's face.

"I don't mind," his cocky grin returns back on him face. I shake my head to get out of the trances. I walk around him "are you ready then?" I ask while looking over my shoulder to him. With a nod he meets me at the front door. He waits with me while I lock the door. We walk side by side to the red car and he comes to my side and opens my door like a gentleman "thank you," he close the door behind me and in lighten speed he is climbing in the drivers seat. We drive in silence with the radio on. We are driving fast but I feel self because my Samuel is a vampire and he reacts quick. The familiarity of the road and the woods beyond it make my hair stand up on my arms and neck; I not been here in a long time. The drive the should have taken us three and a half hours has taken us two hours exactly. I stare up at the huge house; the cape house. I used to live four houses down from this house. I take a deep breath to steady myself. "Are you ready?" Samuel asks the same question that I asked him earlier. I don't trust my voice not to shake so I nod instead. "Wait here then," Samuel climbs out and walks over to my door .I slide out and my heart starts to race. What if the don't remember me? What if they don't like me anymore? What if they don't want to know me anymore? "Hey come down it will be fine. And I am here with you," he slides his hand into mine as we walk up the steps. Face to face with the door it looks old and used up close. I taken three deep breaths in and on the third I knock on the door. No one answers, did they hear the knock? Or are they choosing not to come because they know its me? We wait a little longer is anyone in anyway? I am about to knock again when the door swings open enough for a head to sneak a look though to see who it is. With a gasp the person behind the door yanks it back and screams. Next minute I am being pulled in the house and into a tight hug. I hug Lillie back; good I missed her so much. Samuel steps through the door and he locks it behind him; well the keys was left in from when Lillie unlocked the door. Brandon, Aurora and Shane walks through with knives and stakes ready to pounce the attacker. Samuel tenses up and I scream and hide behind Samuel."Guys chill, it's Phoebe, she's back" Lillie tells them. They drop the weapons and come over to greet me; they give Samuel a mucky look. Brandon didn't hug me like the rest did, he just said "Hi". I look at Lillie with a question mark look and my face and Lillie mouths I will tell you later. "Everyone this is Samuel, her sort of like my boyfriend," I smile up at him. I stand on me tiptoes and whispers "Can I call you Sam," when I stand back own he wraps his arms around me and whispers back to me which makes me shiver in a good way "of course you can," someone clears there throat and I look back to see them all standing there and staring at us; Sam is able to take the world away from me so its just me and him and I like it. After we all started talking about everything that's happened since I have been gone when they finished Lillie whispers to me "come up stairs but leave Sam here please," I nod and I follow Lillie up stairs and I leave Sam with the two boys and Aurora. We go into Lille's room; its like hoe I remembered. "Phoebe you might want to sit down for this."