Prologue

Phoebe

As I sit gazing out of my car window I can tell it is going to be a great day.The beautiful sunlight beams down from the cloudless blue sky onto my face and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. The trees sway along with the breeze and the branches look cracked. I feel happier than I have ever been before. We are going to my favourite beach in the entire world. I have always loved going to sunset beach, I have been going there since I was a little girl and the sea was always warm. After leaving the coolness of Los Angeles, we are heading towards Philadelphia. I look to mum at the front of the car and I ask her “how long until we get there mum?”

“We have only just left Phoebe so not for another 3 hours,” she tells me whilst laughing. I smile at dad through the rear view mirror. “Daddy, can we please go on my favourite ride, you know the kombi ride?”

“Yes you can, you are so lucky you are my daughter because if it was anyone else then they wouldn’t be going on this ride” He replies. These three long hours feel like a lifetime to me. I couldn’t put up with it anymore. I am getting so bored, I grab my iPod and turn it on. I start listening to my favourite song Good Girls Bad Guys by Falling in Reverse. I start singing along to it and when look back at me she is laughing at me. I start to singing louder but then dad glared at me so I stopped. However I still nod my head to the beat. When the song ended Caught like a Fly came on and I start humming to this song as well. Suddenly the screeching of our car tires makes me jolt forward and mum screams at me “Phoebe get down NOW!” I just look at her mum; I couldn’t understand what she was saying because I have my earphones in. Mother shoves my head down so I wouldn’t get hurt. I try to resist against her to see what is going on but she is so strong. She was never strong before. I am worried because I don’t know what is going on and I take my earphones out just in time to hear mum whisper “I love you Phoebe”. I am panting so hard in this tight space. So quickly that I think I am dreaming it there is a collision and everything goes black as sleep pulls me under.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by @MoxieLeigh