Chapter 6 - The Real Person Is what Lies Beneath

Phoebe

I wake up and my eyes are all red and swollen. What happened? Then it all comes back to me. I place the cover over my mouth to muffle the cry. I utterly feel like crap. When I finally get up I look in the mirror and I am meet with a stranger but in my body. The girl who stairs back at me has eyes so swollen that I can't make out the eye colour, make-up smudged in different directions, a puffy sore nose, messy bed hair and to top it all off really pale skin. “I need a shower,” I tell my mirror self. I sigh and open my bedroom down and head for the bathroom. I twist the bathroom handle and pushed the door. I walk smack bag into the door. “Shit,” I rub my head. I bang on the door with my fist, “GET OUT! HURRY UP,” well no one knew I am back but they sure do now. “Phoebe it that you?”

“GET OUT!”

“Phoebe that is really is you, your back”. Very quickly the door opens and Brandon comes out with his towel wrapped around him smiling. With one quick look at my face the smile disappears and he asks in a worried tone “Phoebe, what happened?”

“Nothing just leave me alone,” I snap at him and push him out of the door. I storm into the bathroom and slam the door behind me and locked it. I quickly climb in the hot shower and I just stand there for awhile letting the hot water jump on my face like it can wash away all the bad things that has happened. After awhile I switch the water off and dry my hair. Wrapping the towel around me I had back to my room. I throw on the first jeans I can find and a big woolly jumper with long sleeves. I look in the mirror and I meet my gaze again but this time I look healthier, “we have to face them sooner or later so let’s just get it over with,” I take a deep breath and head down stairs. I head to the living room because that is where all the noise is coming from. Everyone is in the living room talking; even my brother. As I enter the room they all stop talking and look at me. “What the hell is everyone staring at me for!?” I demand. Spencer steps forward.

“You need to tell us what’s going on Phoebe because frankly, we are all sick of the secrets.”

“It’s nothing you need to worry about Spencer, or you Sam or you four!”

“JUST TELL US!” He screams at me. I flinch but I take a step forward to show him I'm not scared off him “A stupid werewolf killed a friend of mine and sent me a picture; I was attacked by a vampire and fed on. I'm being bullied at college, so there you have it. My life is messed up okay!” I storm out of the front door in anger leaving everyone watching after me and down the street. I don't want to go back there ever again!

Samuel

It’s been a full day now Phoebe has stormed out of the house. Lillie assured me that she will come back in her own time and not to go out looking for her; like that has done good I would have found her by now. I have been worried about my Phoebe since she walked out, but now I can see the people around me getting worried too. “ARR!” I sit down hard on the sofa whilst pulling my hair out. “Hey,” gentle hands tug my hands away from my hair, “I told you not to worry, she is coming back I promise”. I look up and into Lillie's green eyes. “I can tell you love her,” she smiles a warm friendly smile to me. A knock sounds at the front door and I jump up followed by Lillie, “do you thing she cone home?” I ask her worryingly. She sighs and looks down.

“I'll get it!” Brandon shouts as he makes his way to the front door.

“Honestly Sam, I don't think it is her because she would have just walked straight in,” I hear the honesty in her voice “I'm so sorry Sam,” she says more softly and I can her she really means it. I smell it then. A vampire. A vampire storms in the room “where is she? Where is Phoebe?” he roars at Brandon behind him and the rest of us listening.“She isn’t here mate, she has been missing for a day and we can’t find her,” Brandon tells him angrily. Unexpectedly, Phoebe walks through the door like she not been gone at all. The vampire grabs her and embraces her in a huge hug so tight it looks like she can't hardly breath. “Dean, what in the world are you doing here? I thought you were dead,” Phoebe said with a shock on her face.