Chapter 2 - The Knowing

Madeline

Nick gathers us all up; Lucas, me, Jasper, Ethan and Rachel. “Nick I don't understand what is Freedom? I know what it means but why call Phoebe it?” I ask.

“Well she is very powerful; even though she doesn't know it. She is able to give people choices; to chooses over dark or light. If someone doesn't choose the right choice then, like you just saw, she can hurt people; even kill them. She had been gifted by the Gods, to balance the evil and good on earth, also to give people freewill to choice what they want, she doesn't force people to do things but you have to know if it makes her think it will effect the balance be prepared to die. She is very dangerous, especially that she doesn’t know how to control her powers. She is also made to destroy all unnatural creatures that roam earth; that includes us. We need to stop her before she understands what she is and destroys us all.” yeah right your in love with her too, I know that look in your eyes because once that look belonged to someone else. “We have to catch her before the others do,” exclaimed Ethan.

“I know Ethan!” Nick snaps and Ethan flinches back. He squares his shoulders.

“I'm going after her.”

“Me too,” Rachel say. Huh talk about loved up. They set off in a hurry before Nick can say anything else. “you,” nick points to me, “follow them. Now!” with a sigh I change into my wolf form and run out the door. I sniff the air and I pick up Rachel cheap perfume and I follow it. I found them wandering the streets looking for Phoebe. I stay in the woods hidden by the trees. We wandered for a while until they finally returned back to the woods. I was about to walk up to them but suddenly they stopped dead. I peer around them and there is Phoebe. Ethan grabs her from behind and wraps his arms around her, also he covers her mouth so she can't scream. They drag her back to our base and I follow behind them they make there way up stairs but I head of to the toilet to change back to human form. As I take the steps two at a time I hear Phoebe shout “God, why can't you guys just leave me alone?”

“You had white hot light shooting out of you, do you know what that means? We can't just 'leave you alone'

“Don't you think that I know I had a weird stupid light shooting out of me?” she shouts back. I hide outside the door but I peer around so I can see what going on, they have tied her to Nick's bed. Suddenly Phoebe’s phone rings making me jump. Nick answers it and puts it on loud speaker. “Hello?” Phoebe asks suspiciously.

“Hello Phoebe it's Flame, I just wanted to let you know that your parent’s graves are on fire. Bye!” he hangs up. What a dick!

“NO, NO, NO” She cries and faints.

“Wake up, wake up!” Nick shouts while slapping Phoebe around the face. Phoebe wakes up and spits in Nick's face “you utter asshole,” she says through gritted teeth. “she's scared you dick,” I say and I run to Phoebe. I untie her and she braces herself against the wall and she not looked in my direction, not even when I was undoing the ropes on her.“We aren’t going to hurt you Phoebe, just relax!” He said to her.

“Get away you little creep,” she screams at him. Jasper and Lucas run up the stairs and I walk over to Lucas. I get this feeling all over my body that something not right. I try to tell Nick “Nick there something -”

“Not now Madeline,” he snaps at me and I flick back. Suddenly a wolf smashes through the door and heads straight for Phoebe. It jumped on her shoving her harder to the walk and her legs give way and she falls to the floor. It tries to bite her I hurry to her but suddenly I am yanked backwards. I look behind me and Lucas has grabbed the back of my top “please don't Madeline. I don't want you hurt”. Jasper pulls the wolf off of Phoebe and her mouth drops open in shock. Jasper turns to face the wolf and he squares his shoulders at it ready for its next attack. Someone pushes me coming in the room and I fall into Lucas. Who is that because all our group is here?