fourteen.

I sat on the edge of the pool, kicking my feet in the water, while Kelly floated on his back in the pool.
I smile at him, and rubbed my tummy. I was full. Maria's cooking was absolutely delic, and I wanted to eat more, but I was stuffed.

"You know, you can get a cramp if you eat and then swim right afterwards?" I ask him.

"Yes Aurora, I am fully aware of that. Do I care?"

I chuckle, "No."

He smiles, and holds up his thumb, "That's right. Atta girl."

I flip my hair, "I know I'm right. I know my man."

He opens his eyes, and glares at me, "I'm your man, now?"

"You've been knew this, don't act dumb."

He starts laughing and shakes his head, "Your acting skills need some help. You're crazy."

I wink, "At least ya calling."

Kelly flips over and goes underwater. I roll my eyes, and plant my hands behind me, and lean back.
Kelly's cold wet hands latch onto my ankles, tightly. I jump up and gasp.

"Kelly!"

He comes up from underneath, and smirks, "Come on!"

I shake my head, and try to pry his hands off of me. "Don't."

He pulls me forward, making me inch closer to the edge. I had nothing to hold on to. "The more you pull away, the more I pull you forward."

I poke my bottom lip out, "Why? Don't do this..."

"Just come in. The water feels great."

I pull my feet up towards me trying to lose his grip, "No!"

He pulls harder.

I squeal, "Oh my God, Kelly!!"
"All you gotta do is come in, and I'll stop pulling."

"I don't want to get in, Kelly. Stop being a pain." I snarl.

He gripped my ankles tighter, "Aurora, I don't want to have to do this to you."

"You are pure evil." I wince. "Let me go, I'm coming in."

He smirks, "I'm not letting go of your ankles until you start getting in."

I roll my eyes, and lower myself into the pool slowly, gasping at how cold the water was. When my thighs were half way in, Kelly let my ankles go, and then my toes touched the ground.

"The water is cold!" I chirp.

He smiles, and swims away from me, "You have to get used to it. Dump your head in!"

I shake my head, "You're crazy!"

"At least you're calling."

He winked, and got out of the pool walking over to the side I was in, and held his hand out, "Come on."

I look at his hands, "What?"