PART SEVEN

Ashton's pov

Tears filled my eyes as I stared at the two. I had almost kissed a man who had the potential to be another women's husband.

"Cara let go" calum placed his hands on either side of her stomach and gently pushed her off. The blonde women, who I now know by the name of Cara released her grip on Calum.

"Come on Cal. We can go upstairs, watch a movie" she rubbed her hands over his chest as she spoke "Then maybe f-"

"Cara" Calum cut her off.

"What's wrong?" She asked. Calum pointed over to me but she still didn't see me.

"Ashton" Calum called.

"Who's Ashton?" Cara asked, a hint of rage in her voice. I almost didn't want to get out from under the table, but I crawled back out anyways and slowly stood up, my body aching as I stretched. I could see the rage build in the women's eyes.

"It hasn't even been a week and you've already found another slut to fu"

"Cara" Calum raised his voice as he cut her off. I avertered my attention to the backdoor, a small tapping vaguely filling my ears. Calum and Cara continued to argue as I moved from the table towards the back door. I kept my body beside the door, the windows on the side of it covered by baby blue curtains. I moved the curtains slightly to the side peeking out. My eyes scanned the darkness for any sort of movement.

My body stiffened, my heart thumped in my chest, and my hands began to shake. A tall, broad figure moved into the woods, disappearing into the darkness. My breathing quickened. I walked as fast as I could with my aching body away from the door.

Calum and Cara were completely blocked from my mind, the possibility of going back there was a terrifying thought. Every cut, bruise, and burn ached more than I thought possible with every move I made. I could hear my heart pounding, I could feel it in my head.

I stumbled into Calum's room, then into his bathroom. I turned the shower on and collapsed onto the tiled floor of the shower. The freezing cold water hit my clothes and my skin in agonizing drops. Goosebumps raised on my pale skin. I sat with my back against the wall of the shower, my knees pressed to my chest. My teeth chattered as the water hit my skin, soaking my hair. My mind was a messy pile of thoughts and emotions.

"Ashton" the deep voice brought me out of my thoughts. My eyes traveled from my lap and locked on his eyes. When the raging of my heart subsided I could hear myself sobbing loudly, gasps and earl cries escaping my lips violently. Calum turned the nob on the shower so the water stopped pouring. He climbed into the shower and sat beside me.

I cried into his chest as he wrapped his arms around me. He lulled reassuring comments into my hair as he hugged me, my soaked figure wetting him.

"I-I-I saw" I couldn't form a complete sentence. Calum swept the hairs out of my face, his deep brown eyes staring into mine.

"He's coming back"