PART EIGHT

Calum's pov

His hair wet the pillow, his tired eyes shut, his chest raising up and down in even breaths. Once I got him out of the wet clothes he could barely stand on his own. His eyes were red and irritated and his skin was ice cold from the water. When he finally climbed into my bed he was shaking uncontrollably. He wouldn't stop sobbing, by the time I crawled into bed next to him, his throat was scratched and strangled.

I looked down at his now sleeping figure. Tears escaped his eyes as he slept. I ran my thumb over the wet droplets, drying his cheeks. His arms were wrapped tightly around my torso, one of my arms were resting under his neck, his head laying on my shoulder, the other was tightly wrapped around her waist. Every few minutes I would squeeze his waist and he would sigh in content knowing I was still holding him. The sun poured through the window, despite how distraught he was hours ago he looked beautiful with the sunlight on his pale skin.

My thoughts subsided when there was a harsh knock on the door. I carefully slipped my arms out form under Ashton and stood up. The only person that could be at the door was Cara, but with the harsh words that were shared last night I doubted that. My eyebrows furrowed when I saw that no one was at the door. I opened it, looking from side to side. No one was there. I looked down, a dirty white piece of paper was lying on the porch about a foot or so away from the door. I grabbed it, unfolding it to see what was inside, my heart instantly dropped. Written in messy handwriting; He's mine.

"Calum?" I crumpled the paper, stuffing it into my pocket. I turned around and gave Ashton a small smile.

"Morning. How do you feel" I asked.

"Better. I'm sorry about last night" he said in a low voice, his eyes lowering to stare at the white carpet. I walked up to him placing my hands on either side of his face, running my thumbs gently over his cheeks, causing his cheeks to flare pink.

"What happened?" I asked the question that has floating in my head since last night. His eyes still looked anywhere but mine.

"Ashton" I caught her attention. I gently turned his head so he was looking at me.

"I thought I saw him. In the forest out back" tears ran down his cheeks, I wiped them away as soon as they reach my thumb. I kissed his forehead before pulling him into a hug.

"Let's get out of here. Let me grab my stuff and we'll go" I said. As I pulled away I saw the relief filled smile on his lips. I locked the front door again and ran upstairs, Ashton silent behind me. I walked into my room and quickly walked around, gathering my stuff. Ashton sat on the bed and stared at me as I packed again. The action reminded me of when Cara left, how I just stared at her not even trying to stop her.

The only difference is, this time, I'm leaving with Ashton. The thought left a happiness in my mind.

After ten minutes of silently walking around the house all of my belongings were in my suitcase.

"Here I washed your clothes" I handed Ashton the pile of clothes. He smiled before disappearing into the bathroom. When he came out she looked so different. Instead of my baggy clothes she was in well fitting ones. Spotless, instead of dirt covered and bloody. His hair was a pile of messy curls, hanging over his shoulders. I had cleaned his white converse so the dirt scarcely showed.

"Beautiful" the word was said in nothing above a whisper, but he heard me. He seemed different today, distant. Even though I knew he heard me he pretended he didn't.

"Let's go" he smiled. I nodded, grabbing the handle of my suitcase. I lead Ashton out of the cabin and towards my car. I stuffed the suitcase into the trunk and slammed it close. I took the crumpled paper out of my pocket and tossed on the ground.

"You can't have him"