Chapter 9

I wish that my brain had a map to tell me where my heart should go.

I don't know where i am. There is only pain in my head and the nightmares that occurred. I heard voices. But, I can't open my eyes no matter how hard I tried.

"She shouldn't have gone through this sister. It's all my fault."

X

"Oh, please wake up Christine. I want to see you again."

I want to! But my body fails me.

Slowly, the conversation became so soft till I couldn't hear a word. Then, I drifted back to my sleep.

"When will she be waking up?"

"When she is ready, Hugo."

Hugo! He's here. My love. I tried to move my hand and I did. Like finally! Then, I tried to open my eyes. Bright lights welcomed me. It's so bright and white tail, I have to squint my eyes. Slowly, I turned my head and saw IV tubes poked through my skin. My heads hurt too. But the most important thing is that I saw the Most important person in my life. Hugo, Amelia and wait, Mr, pakastin! He's here too?

They are at the corridors of the ward, leaving my door open. Gosh, I'm thirsty. I didn't want to trouble Hugo so, I tried to get the cup of water at the bedside table. But, with all the tubes attached, it is more difficult for me to get it. Besides, my head still hurts. When I was about to reach it, I dropped the fruit knife and thus, causing noise.

The next minute, Hugo and the rest rushed in. The expression in their face- some relieved, shocked and expressionless.

I lied back on the bed and tried to smile. Then before you know, Hugo I already at your side. He holds my hands tightly and brush through my knuckles.

"Hi." I said.

"Hi."

"I'm glad you are back with us." Mr pakastin said.

I smiled back at him. Then, I glanced over to Kamila. She looked new. More business like lady. More elegant. She came over to my side and gave me an ensuring squeeze on the shoulder.

"I'm so sorry for what had happened to you." She said like she is going to cry soon.

"Don't cry infront of me." I said and smiled.

Then, she laughs. Hugo have been too quiet since I waked up. All along he is just holding my hands and staring at me, expression unreadable.

"I'll leave you both to talk." Kamila said and leaves the room with mr pakastin.

"How many days have i been asleep?" I asked.

"Three."

Then, j remembered something that makes me starts to shiver.

"Where's Amelia?" I asked, shivering. I could still remember what she said-"I'm going to kill her." And she almost killed me.

"She ran away." Hugo said and lean closer to me. I guessed he noticed that I'm shivering.

Then tears started to fall down at my cheeks.

"Hey, everything is going to fine. Everything that happened was over. What you did was ultimately brave. But, don't you do that again. I can't lose you, again." Hugo said and wipes my tears.

"Did my family know anything about this?" I asked.

"Yes. The hospital called them."

Crap. I'm gonna make them worry.

Soon enough, the door busted open and I could see dad, Judy and my four siblings. Hugo let me go then and leave the room, exchanging looks with my dad.

After Hugo left the room, dad sat beside me with a worrying face.

"What is he doing in here?" Dad asked and straight away I know who he is referring to.

"He sent me in here."

"What happened to you Chris?" Dad asked, looking at me anxiously.

"Dad, I'm really tired. If it is fine, will you leave?" I said, in annoyance as I don't want him to ask me questions. Besides, I can't tell him about the problem.

"Alright. We will be here in New York for four days and we will visit you frequently." Then, he leaves.

My heads still hurts. I miss Hugo.

Not long after dad leaves, Hugo came in.

"How are you feeling?" Hugo asked, sitting beside me.

"My head still hurts."

"Do you want me to get the doctor?"

"No. I just want you."

Then, he hugs me.

" Hugo, what happened after I fainted?" I asked, out of curiosity.

He hesitates for a moment and speaks.

"I almost thought I lost you again. You were lying on the floor, head bleeding and when I call you, you did not response. I couldn't careless about other thing. But, I just sent yiu straight away to the hospital. Just then, Kamila called me and this is why she is here." He said, hugging me tighter.

"What about my mentor? Mr pakastin."

"He called your mobile and I answered it. He seems to have things to talk to you."

"Oh."

Soon, I drifted to sleep in his embrace.

Not knowing what time is it, I four myself waking up in the dark with Hugo lying beside me. God, I'm hungry. I moved my hands through Hugo's hair. It's soft. Then, he woke up and looked at me.

"What were you doing?" He laughs.

"Touching your hair."

Then both of us burst out laughing. This is where I want to be. With him.

"Are you hungry?" He asked. "You haven't eaten your dinner."

"Yes, famished." "I want fish and chips."

Then he laughs again.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Still loving fish and chips ain't you?"

Oh- right. The scene three years back when I was in the hospital too. I shouted like a pampered baby, throwing the hospital food. The scene makes me laugh uncontrollably.

"Remembering it now huh?" Hugo smirked and kissed me on the forehead.

"I guessed you would have to bare with it for a while. You would have to eat the hospital food."

Ugh. Seriously.

"Fine." I frowned and he laughs.

"What?"

"Don't frown. Be happy."

He kissed my forehead again and leaves the room. I'm glad I'm alive again.